    Has anybody found a "good" technique for removing "grain" from a digital 400
    asa picture, using Photoshop?

    Thanks
    Jack, Nov 15, 2003

  2. Jack

    Markeau Guest

    The Kodak/ASF Digital GEM Plugin does a pretty good job:
    http://www.asf.com/products/plugins/gem/pluginGEM.asp

    Markeau, Nov 15, 2003

  3. Jack

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:48:11 +0000 (UTC), in rec.photo.digital "Jack"
    <> wrote:

    >Has anybody found a "good" technique for removing "grain" from a digital 400
    >asa picture, using Photoshop?

    Not inside PS, but I use Neat Image for this situation. Give the demo a try
    at http://www.neatimage.com
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam
    Ed Ruf, Nov 15, 2003
  4. Jack

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:43:39 -0500, in rec.photo.digital Ed Ruf
    <EG*nospam*> wrote:

    >On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:48:11 +0000 (UTC), in rec.photo.digital "Jack"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Has anybody found a "good" technique for removing "grain" from a digital 400
    >>asa picture, using Photoshop?

    >Not inside PS, but I use Neat Image for this situation. Give the demo a try
    >at http://www.neatimage.com

    Actually, though I use the stand alone version, there is the Pro+ version
    which includes a PS plugin.
    Ed Ruf, Nov 15, 2003
  5. Jack

    TedOffenz Guest

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:43:39 -0500, Ed Ruf <EG*nospam*>
    wrote:

    >at http://www.neatimage.com

    I tried ROC/SHO/GAO(sp?), Image Doctor, countless other commercial
    noise reduction filters, and camera specific image correction apps.
    They all underperform (these results are not much better than smart
    blur, blur, unsharp mask).

    Neatimage is the ONLY one that works and it works DAMN WELL!

    It's incredible. It's the only noise reduction filter for Photoshop
    that works like a human eye in filtering out ONLY the grain and not
    the detail. Seriously, it just takes away the grain and only the
    grain. You won't get smudged lines or blurred details. You just get
    rid of the grain. That's it!

    This is one filter that EVERY single Photoshop user would love and
    should buy and use.

    Simply put, Neatimage is INCREDIBLE (big understatement)!
    TedOffenz, Nov 16, 2003
  6. Jack

    Searching_Ut Guest

    Here is one of the more inclusive tests I've found on the web for noise
    reduction programs. http://www.michaelalmond.com/Articles/noise.htm

    For my own use I just purchased Noise Ninja, which only came out a couple
    weeks ago. Seems to be a toss up as to which is better, Neat Image or Noise
    Ninja with most seeming to think the end results are very comparable. NN is
    considerably faster however.

    Good luck finding something to fit your needs

    Jeff
    Searching_Ut, Nov 16, 2003