    I have some programs listed there that have been removed but still shows on
    these menus.
    Thanks

    Lonnie Reynolds, Sep 18, 2003

  2. Lonnie Reynolds

    °Mike° Guest

    **Back up your registry first.**
    HOW TO Backup, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows 9x/ME
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;322754

    HOW TO Backup, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;322755

    HOW TO Back up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;322756

    When you disable a Startup item in msconfig, it does one of the
    following things:

    • If the startup was disabled from config.sys, autoexec.bat,
    system.ini or win.ini, the item is 'Remarked out' with;

    rem TShoot: <entry list>

    • If the startup was disabled from a registry call, a 'holding'
    key is created, and the entry is moved to the new key, where
    it does not run. The holding key is usually the name of the
    original key with a minus sign appended to it -- if the key/s
    don't have a minus '-' sign appended, they should be left alone,
    as these are the keys that are used to launch applications.
    The 'holding' keys to check are:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceSetup-
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices-

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce-

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce-

    • If the startup was disabled from the Windows Explorer 'Startup'
    folder, a new 'holding' folder is created called 'Disabled Startup
    Items', and the shortcut/s are placed in this new folder.

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:49:54 GMT, in
    <C%nab.20734$>
    Lonnie Reynolds scrawled:

    --