    did not get deleted. How do I remove them from the add remove programs?
    I tried John Barret's edit the registry fix but could not find any reference
    to nero.

    Kue2, Jan 23, 2007

  2. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    I also tried Nero general cleanup tool,that did not remove the entries
    either.

    Kue2, Jan 23, 2007

  3. Navigate to Kellys Korner. Kelly has some fixes for this.
    You will have to browse the site but the fixes are there.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 23, 2007
  4. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    This program did not find the 4 nero entries

    Kue2, Jan 23, 2007
  5. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Not listed on Kelly's corner

    Kue2, Jan 23, 2007
  6. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    Don't know for sure about Vista, but I have used thru XP
    Microsoft Knowledge Base article 247501

    John Barnes, Jan 24, 2007
  7. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi John
    followed the article instruction, Microsoft Knowledge Base article 247501. I
    found no entries listed for Nero........

    Kue2, Jan 24, 2007
  8. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    See what you get with those instructions using regedit32 instead of
    regedit

    John Barnes, Jan 24, 2007
  9. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    that's regedt32 not regedit32. Sorry

    John Barnes, Jan 24, 2007
  10. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    No luck using (regedt32) & Microsoft Knowledge Base article 247501

    Kue2, Jan 24, 2007
  11. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    Interesting. Each entry in my add remove programs list is in mine.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WoW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

    Do a search on Nero from that point or just click down the strings.

    John Barnes, Jan 24, 2007
  12. It isn't listed under Nero. It is the specific proceedure for removing dead
    Add/Remove entries.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 24, 2007
  13. This is one I've never heard of - very usefull. A quick glance revealed an
    amazing number of 'fixes' to issues that has been under treatment here. I
    just love *.REG files - I am going to test a few of these.

    Thanks, Colin!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 24, 2007
  14. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    The instructions in the article are for XP. For X64 and Vista64, you need
    to add the \WoW6432Node\ to the string to find the 32-bit programs

    John Barnes, Jan 24, 2007
  15. You're welcome, but thank Kelly. An enormous job.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 24, 2007
  16. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi John
    Retried using
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WoW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

    I find the current Nero installation but not the other four entries for nero
    installations that were perviously removed

    Kue2, Jan 24, 2007
  17. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Found the fixes,they do not find the invalid entries, thus I cannot remove
    them.

    Kue2, Jan 24, 2007
  18. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Carlos!
    I made a Jpg file I can send to anyone who wants to see the entries I cannot
    remove in add remove.

    Kue2, Jan 24, 2007
  19. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    I would use the proceedure for removing dead Add/Remove entries but it does
    not find them?????

    Kue2, Jan 24, 2007
  20. Kue2

    John Barnes Guest

    Last attempt if you want to try it is to do a find while in regedt32 I
    am assuming that you used regedt32 for the last procedure.

    John Barnes, Jan 25, 2007