    Windows XP Pro installed on the primary partition. I want to remove XP 64 bit
    but am unable to fdisk the mbr. As I have no floppy drive, how can I boot to
    a DOS prompt to remove the dual boot option?

    =?Utf-8?B?bW1vdG9ybWFubg==?=, Jan 21, 2006

  2. Dual or Multi-Booting including Windows XP Professional x64 Edition by
    Charlie Russel
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2005/11/21/76180.aspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 21, 2006

  3. You can edit the boot.ini file. No need to fdisk unless you are combining
    the partitions and reinstalling XP Pro x86.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 21, 2006
  4. Thanks Colin. I was able to edit the boot.ini file and remove Windows XP
    64bit boot option.

    =?Utf-8?B?bW1vdG9ybWFubg==?=, Jan 21, 2006
  5. You're welcome.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 21, 2006