    Even switching off my drives for system restore doesnt help either.

    Looking forward to your suggestions for a solution.

    NZed

    paradise, Sep 26, 2005

  2. paradise

    Tilly Guest

    paradise wrote:
    > I have this persistant Trojan / Virus
    > opening file C:\WINDOWS\System32\windows.exe
    > Trojan Horse IRC/BackDoor.SdBot.KRJ
    >
    > AVG detects it but I have no luck removing the bugger. Everytime I
    > remove it ...it comes back.
    >
    > Even switching off my drives for system restore doesnt help either.
    >
    > Looking forward to your suggestions for a solution.
    >
    > NZed

    Free remover download

    www.pctools.com

    or:

    www.AdwareAlert.com

    Tilly, Sep 26, 2005

  3. paradise

    pixel Guest

    "paradise" <nzed> wrote in message news:4337ddb7$...
    >I have this persistant Trojan / Virus
    > opening file C:\WINDOWS\System32\windows.exe
    > Trojan Horse IRC/BackDoor.SdBot.KRJ
    >
    > AVG detects it but I have no luck removing the bugger. Everytime I remove
    > it ...it comes back.
    >
    > Even switching off my drives for system restore doesnt help either.
    >
    > Looking forward to your suggestions for a solution.
    >
    > NZed

    Start computer in Safe Mode (tap F8 whilst booting up).
    Now run AVG scan. May work.

    pixel, Sep 26, 2005
  4. paradise

    Evil Bastard Guest

    paradise wrote:
    > I have this persistant Trojan / Virus
    > opening file C:\WINDOWS\System32\windows.exe
    > Trojan Horse IRC/BackDoor.SdBot.KRJ
    > AVG detects it but I have no luck removing the bugger. Everytime I remove it
    > ...it comes back.
    > Even switching off my drives for system restore doesnt help either.
    > Looking forward to your suggestions for a solution.

    Consider backing up your data, reformatting your drives then installing
    a different, less trojan-prone operating system.

    I've been windows-free for the last 4 years, and have had zero
    virus/trojan incidents since then - without needing to install any
    third-party antivirus programs.

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, Sep 26, 2005
  5. paradise

    GraB Guest

    On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:38:35 +1200, "paradise" <nzed> wrote:

    >I have this persistant Trojan / Virus
    >opening file C:\WINDOWS\System32\windows.exe
    >Trojan Horse IRC/BackDoor.SdBot.KRJ
    >
    >AVG detects it but I have no luck removing the bugger. Everytime I remove it
    >...it comes back.
    >
    >Even switching off my drives for system restore doesnt help either.
    >
    >Looking forward to your suggestions for a solution.
    >
    >NZed

    Checked through what is starting up? Check out with HijackThis.

    GraB, Sep 26, 2005
  6. "paradise" <nzed> wrote in message news:4337ddb7$...
    >I have this persistant Trojan / Virus
    > opening file C:\WINDOWS\System32\windows.exe
    > Trojan Horse IRC/BackDoor.SdBot.KRJ
    >
    > AVG detects it but I have no luck removing the bugger. Everytime I remove
    > it ...it comes back.
    >
    > Even switching off my drives for system restore doesnt help either.
    >
    > Looking forward to your suggestions for a solution.
    >
    > NZed

    I understand that the Malicious Software Removal Tool removes Sdbot:

    Brett Roberts
    Microsoft NZ

    Brett Roberts, Sep 26, 2005