Removal of plugins from Mozilla's browser

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Adam Smith, Dec 11, 2004.

  1. Adam Smith

    Adam Smith Guest

    Hello,

    Using an SGI O2 machine 6.5 O/S, w/ a Mozilla 1.4 browser, installed
    some plugins which I'd like to remove, viz; Needlesearch, SQL Test
    Application. They list some lines at the bottom of the page, consuming
    most of the screenscape in a non_resizable grey area, with lines of
    <menu label =" .....
    <menu accesskey =" .....
    <menu id =" .....
    etc

    Using the Software Manager - the plugins are not seen or recognized
    uninstalling & re-installing Mozilla - they reappear

    Could someone suggest the correct way to do remove these

    Thanks

    Adam

    Adam Smith, Dec 11, 2004

  2. ["Followup-To:" header set to alt.fan.mozilla.]
    On 2004-12-11, Adam Smith <> wrote:

    > Using an SGI O2 machine 6.5 O/S, w/ a Mozilla 1.4 browser, installed
    > some plugins which I'd like to remove, viz; Needlesearch, SQL Test
    > Application. They list some lines at the bottom of the page, consuming
    > most of the screenscape in a non_resizable grey area, with lines of
    ><menu label =" .....
    ><menu accesskey =" .....
    ><menu id =" .....
    > etc
    >
    > Using the Software Manager - the plugins are not seen or recognized
    > uninstalling & re-installing Mozilla - they reappear
    >
    > Could someone suggest the correct way to do remove these

    Can't you just remove the files from the Mozilla "plugins" directory?

    --

    -John ()

    John Thompson, Dec 11, 2004

  3. Adam Smith

    Adam Smith Guest

    John Thompson wrote:
    > ["Followup-To:" header set to alt.fan.mozilla.]
    > On 2004-12-11, Adam Smith <> wrote:
    >

    >>Using an SGI O2 machine 6.5 O/S, w/ a Mozilla 1.4 browser, installed
    >>some plugins which I'd like to remove, viz; Needlesearch, SQL Test
    >>Application. They list some lines at the bottom of the page, consuming
    >>most of the screenscape in a non_resizable grey area, with lines of
    >><menu label =" .....
    >><menu accesskey =" .....
    >><menu id =" .....
    >>etc
    >>
    >>Using the Software Manager - the plugins are not seen or recognized
    >> uninstalling & re-installing Mozilla - they reappear
    >>
    >>Could someone suggest the correct way to do remove these

    > Can't you just remove the files from the Mozilla "plugins" directory?

    That's what I thought too, but then wondered if theyy were also stored
    elsewhere since they were so persistent

    Thanks

    Adam Smith, Dec 11, 2004