    Kia Ora
    Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to remove the date
    overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac

    Mac Lynch, Nov 14, 2006

  2. On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 06:07:19 +0000 (UTC), in rec.photo.digital
    (Mac Lynch) wrote:

    >Kia Ora
    >Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to remove the date
    >overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac

    Sorry, no. The only easy way is not to have a camera imprint it into the
    image itself from the start. The data/time is in the exif info so it's
    there if you want it later. However once it's included as part of the image
    itself there is no easy way to remove.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Nov 14, 2006

  3. Mac Lynch

    l v Guest

    Mac Lynch wrote:
    > Kia Ora
    > Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to remove the date
    > overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac

    Perhaps there is enough room to crop? Many tools also offer this option
    in batch mode.

    --

    Len

    l v, Nov 14, 2006
  4. Mac Lynch

    jab Guest

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:

    > On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 06:07:19 +0000 (UTC), in rec.photo.digital
    > (Mac Lynch) wrote:
    >

    >>Kia Ora
    >>Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to remove the date
    >>overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac

    > Sorry, no. The only easy way is not to have a camera imprint it into the
    > image itself from the start. The data/time is in the exif info so it's
    > there if you want it later. However once it's included as part of the image
    > itself there is no easy way to remove.

    Bummer

    JAB

    jab, Nov 14, 2006
  5. Mac Lynch

    Bigma Guest

    "Mac Lynch" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    ejbmen$kho$...
    > Kia Ora
    > Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to remove the
    > date
    > overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac

    Image Doctor from Alienskin Software does a marvelous job with 2 specific
    functions:

    Spot lifter
    Smart fill

    I would use one of those, depending on the complexity of the background or
    surrounding area.
    Yes, I would have to do this in several steps, in some cases. But when the
    date is printed over regular texture (for example: grass), smart fill makes
    an outstanding job.

    mb

    Bigma, Nov 16, 2006
  6. Mac Lynch

    Stewy Guest

    In article <ejbmen$kho$>,
    (Mac Lynch) wrote:

    > Kia Ora
    > Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to remove the
    > date
    > overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac

    Using the magic wand to make a selection of the date (uncheck
    contiguous) and using this selection to copy from other parts of the
    photo (or other photos) and simply paste and move it over the date -
    arrow keys could be easier.

    Stewy, Nov 16, 2006
  7. Mac Lynch

    Bruce Lewis Guest

    l v <> writes:

    > Mac Lynch wrote:
    > > Kia Ora
    > > Apart from Photoshop repair work, is there an easier method to
    > > remove the date overprint from dated Pics? Thanks Mac
    > >

    > Perhaps there is enough room to crop? Many tools also offer this
    > option in batch mode.

    Mac's suggestion is good. Since digital photos are 4:3, you often want
    to crop anyway to fit 4x6 prints.

    --

    http://ourdoings.com/ Easily organize and disseminate news and
    photos for your family or group.