removal of Beta version

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?am9lZmNvc3Rh?=, Apr 26, 2006.

  1. Does anyone know how to remove the beta version of
    Windows XP Professional X64 bit from my computer.
    =?Utf-8?B?am9lZmNvc3Rh?=, Apr 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?am9lZmNvc3Rh?=

    Jane Colman Guest

    Is it the only OS on your pc, or are you dual-booting?

    If you have your pc set up to dual boot, remove the reference to XP x64 from
    your boot.ini and then format the drive/partition that XP x64 is installed
    on.

    --
    Jane, but not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.
    Jane Colman, Apr 26, 2006

  3. Format the partition on which it sits, and then remove the reference from
    boot.ini. If it is your only OS, insert a legal installation disk for the
    operating system of your choice, and instruct it to format the partition on
    which the beta (and long since no longer licensed) copy of XP x64 resides.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Apr 26, 2006
  4. "Jane Colman" wrote:

    > Is it the only OS on your pc, or are you dual-booting?
    >
    > If you have your pc set up to dual boot, remove the reference to XP x64 from
    > your boot.ini and then format the drive/partition that XP x64 is installed
    > on.
    >

    > --
    > Jane, but not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    > Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.
    >
    > thank you for the quick & correct answer. I could not get any help from

    microsoft

    =?Utf-8?B?am9lZmNvc3Rh?=, Apr 27, 2006
  5. joefcosta wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to remove the beta version of
    > Windows XP Professional X64 bit from my computer.

    The normal way to "uninstall" any operating system, beta or
    otherwise, is to format the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm