    How can I do this without making the computer unbootable?

    Help would be appreciated.

    Mark
    Mark Mersereau, Jan 24, 2005

  2. Mark Mersereau

    Brian Guest

    "Mark Mersereau" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I recently purchased a used laptop, my first. It's a ThinkPad 390 and

    seems
    > to work OK except that its hard drive is nearly full and I continue to
    > receive messages to that effect. It tells me to get rid of unused

    programs,
    > but there aren't any.
    >
    > It has two OSystems, Windows 98 and Windows 2000/WINNT.
    >
    > I need only one OS and I have a recovery disk only for Win 98. I'd like

    > get rid of the Win 2000 and its files in order to free up HD space.
    >
    > How can I do this without making the computer unbootable?
    >
    > Help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Mark

    visit:

    http://www.dewassoc.com/support/win2000/uninstall_win2k.htm#sectiona

    see which setup is relivant to *your current* setup and follow the
    instructions.
    Brian, Jan 24, 2005

  3. Mark Mersereau

    > I recently purchased a used laptop, my first. It's a ThinkPad 390 and

    seems
    > to work OK except that its hard drive is nearly full and I continue to
    > receive messages to that effect. It tells me to get rid of unused

    programs,
    > but there aren't any.
    >
    > It has two OSystems, Windows 98 and Windows 2000/WINNT.
    >
    > I need only one OS and I have a recovery disk only for Win 98. I'd like

    > get rid of the Win 2000 and its files in order to free up HD space.
    >
    > How can I do this without making the computer unbootable?
    >
    > Help would be appreciated.
    >
    > Mark

    if you don't have a 98 boot diskette already get urself one here.
    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

    btw. it's an executable which writes directly to your floppy drive. have an
    empty, preferably formatted diskette in it before executing.
    Brian, Jan 24, 2005