    There is an Icon on the lower right for "safely removing hardware" which I
    clicked out of curiosity, and poof, they were gone.
    Question is, How to get them back short of the Restore feature...
    Unome, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Unome

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >|I accidentally deleted my removable disk drives from my HP Pavilion
    >| PC. There are four of them, each having their own Drive letter, and
    >| they are associated with the Card Readers.
    >| There is an Icon on the lower right for "safely removing hardware"
    >| which I clicked out of curiosity, and poof, they were gone.
    >| Question is, How to get them back short of the Restore feature...

    Is this an external card reader that plugs in via USB? If so, unplug it,
    wait a few seconds and plug it back in.

    If the card reader is internal, you might be able to get them back by
    right-clicking on "My Computer", select "Properties". On the
    "Hardware" tab, select "Device Manager". When that loads, click on "Action",
    then "Scan for hardware changes".

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~
    Toolman Tim, Sep 23, 2004