    failing and I am going to copy the contents to the new drive- The new drive
    is showing up as a removable disc, why would that be ?
    Richard

    Richard, Jan 19, 2004

  2. > I just added a third hard drive to my system-one of the others is
    > failing and I am going to copy the contents to the new drive- The new drive
    > is showing up as a removable disc, why would that be ?

    It should have a device name like "/dev/hdc". How is the drive
    connected to the system?

    Alexander Rogge, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Alexander Rogge wrote:

    >> I just added a third hard drive to my system-one of the others is
    >> failing and I am going to copy the contents to the new drive- The new
    >> drive is showing up as a removable disc, why would that be ?

    > It should have a device name like "/dev/hdc". How is the drive
    > connected to the system?

    Um, the original poster posted with Outlook Express, which is a Windows
    program. You're talking Linux at him. Do you realize that?
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jan 19, 2004
  4. >>> I just added a third hard drive to my system-one of the others is
    >>>failing and I am going to copy the contents to the new drive

    >>It should have a device name like "/dev/hdc". How is the drive
    >>connected to the system?

    > Um, the original poster posted with Outlook Express, which is a Windows
    > program. You're talking Linux at him. Do you realize that?

    I didn't see the poster's message headers. I usually only look at
    message headers when I report spam.

    Alexander Rogge, Jan 19, 2004