    CD drive it doesnt recognise it - running Windows 2000.

    Any ideas what would be the first thing to check?

    , Sep 3, 2007

  2. Lars Guest

    On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 10:20:28 -0700, ""
    <> wrote:

    >This is on a Panasonic toughbook CF29. When you insert the removable
    >CD drive it doesnt recognise it - running Windows 2000.
    >
    >Any ideas what would be the first thing to check?

    Are you saying that neither CD nor floppy drive are recognised?

    Insert a bootable CD/Floppy and see if you can boot to Dos.

    I had a similar problem with a Thinkpad T23 some time ago. Windows XP
    would not recognise the CD player, but Dos did. Then at least I knew
    it was not a hardware problem.

    Re-installing windows on top did not fix it. Fortunately I had a Ghost
    image of the Windows partition so I could restore it. It works fine
    now, but it is a bit frustrating I never really found out what was
    wrong with it.

    Lars
    Stockholm

    Lars, Sep 4, 2007

  3. Kraftee Guest

    wrote:
    > This is on a Panasonic toughbook CF29. When you insert the removable
    > CD drive it doesnt recognise it - running Windows 2000.
    >
    > Any ideas what would be the first thing to check?

    Tried rebooting it?

    I know mine requires a reboot when changing the drives or even just
    inserting the CD/DVD drive.

    Kraftee, Sep 4, 2007
  4. Guest

    On 4 Sep, 21:14, "Kraftee" <kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > This is on a Panasonic toughbook CF29. When you insert the removable
    > > CD drive it doesnt recognise it - running Windows 2000.

    > > Any ideas what would be the first thing to check?

    > Tried rebooting it?
    >
    > I know mine requires a reboot when changing the drives or even just
    > inserting the CD/DVD drive.

    Yes. Since found out that it does need a reboot so thats fair enough...

    , Sep 6, 2007
  5. dumbneasy Guest

    And I've got a CF-35 with the CD but no floppy. My computer doesn't see it
    either. It has something to do with the bios, which is so old it doesn't
    have a control for CD-rom or USB port. It will not let me reconfigure com
    ports. I tried to update the bios but it wouldn't let me. Bummer! Does
    anyonje know if any other CF- Toughbook bios might work in the 35?

    Thank you

    dumbneasy, Sep 8, 2007