    work?-considering it's connected to broadband and ON all the time?
    Thanx
    Kendra

    Kendra Kay, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Kendra Kay

    Harrison Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 07:03:09 +0100, "Kendra Kay"
    <> wrote:

    >Sometimes I need files from my home pc (Win XP, ntl broadband, Office XP -
    >missed anything?) while I'm at work. I either have to leave and go back home
    >to get it or try to find a way to remind my self to get it the next day.
    >Doesn't happen often, but annoying when it does.
    >Is there any way I cn have some sort of web access ty my home PC from
    >work?-considering it's connected to broadband and ON all the time?
    >Thanx
    >Kendra

    https://www.gotomypc.com/

    Harrison
    Skype:windowshelp

    Harrison, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Some time, on or about: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 07:03:09 +0100, "Kendra Kay"
    <> was criminally insane in my
    professional opinion when they claimed the following balderdash:

    >Sometimes I need files from my home pc (Win XP, ntl broadband, Office XP -
    >missed anything?) while I'm at work. I either have to leave and go back home
    >to get it or try to find a way to remind my self to get it the next day.
    >Doesn't happen often, but annoying when it does.
    >Is there any way I cn have some sort of web access ty my home PC from
    >work?-considering it's connected to broadband and ON all the time?
    >Thanx
    >Kendra

    Here's a handy hint: Open up Help and Support and you'll find
    information the information you want by typing in Remote Access. You
    can also do it with a search engine like Google. Then there's also PC
    Anywhere but you have to pay for that.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 19, 2003
  4. Kendra Kay

    Kendra Kay Guest

    "Kendra Kay" <> wrote in message
    > Sometimes I need files from my home pc (Win XP, ntl broadband, Office XP -
    > missed anything?) while I'm at work. I either have to leave and go back

    home
    > to get it or try to find a way to remind my self to get it the next day.
    > Doesn't happen often, but annoying when it does.
    > Is there any way I cn have some sort of web access ty my home PC from
    > work?-considering it's connected to broadband and ON all the time?
    > Thanx
    > Kendra

    Thank you. I'll look into those
    Kendra

    Kendra Kay, Oct 19, 2003
  5. Kendra Kay

    Mike0000 Guest

    Kendra Kay wrote:

    > Sometimes I need files from my home pc (Win XP, ntl broadband, Office XP -
    > missed anything?) while I'm at work. I either have to leave and go back home
    > to get it or try to find a way to remind my self to get it the next day.
    > Doesn't happen often, but annoying when it does.
    > Is there any way I cn have some sort of web access ty my home PC from
    > work?-considering it's connected to broadband and ON all the time?
    > Thanx
    > Kendra

    A quick and dirty solution is to run a webserver and put your My
    Document files in a password protected directory. Point your browser to
    your IP address and that's it.

    IIS is free and so is Apache and they both do this.
    --
    Mike
    Block Banner Ads Now

    Mike0000, Oct 19, 2003
  6. Kendra Kay

    Mike Guest

    Use the Windows XP Remote Desktop connection feature.

    Mike, Oct 19, 2003
  7. Kendra Kay

    nemo Guest

    Check with your IT dept before you do anything, as you may compromise
    the security of your network.

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Oct 19, 2003
  8. Kendra Kay

    Tony Montana Guest

    VNC is really good and Free, but Radmin is definitely the fastest way better
    and less complicated than PCAnywhere!!
    Good luck

    Tony Montana, Oct 20, 2003
  9. Kendra Kay

    Kendra Kay Guest

    will try
    merci
    kendra

    Kendra Kay, Oct 20, 2003
  10. Kendra Kay

    Smith Guest

    Well, since you are trying to access your home pc through Internet,
    remote access solution seems to be the best option. Gotomypc, as
    suggested by Mr. Harrison is a good option, so is RemotePC
    (http://www.remotepc.com/).
    I use RemotePC to access my office pc when I am at home, since it is
    fast, reliable and very secure. I can access my data and can also
    transfer files. RemotePC works behind most firewalls without any
    special port settings making remote access uncomplicated.

    Regards
    Ed

    Smith, Dec 27, 2004