    server settings are ok, but could be the linksys or the sonicwall. Online
    documentation on the sonicwall seems limited. Any input I thank you for in
    advance.

    \(-_-\), May 19, 2004

  2. (-_-) spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <CvDqc.531307$oR5.260158@pd7tw3no>

    > Trying to route remote desktop on a windows server 2003 SBS through a
    > sonicwall tele3 sp, one port, and through a linksys. The sonicwall is on
    > the 'outside' edge of this little network, it goes to the linksys, which
    > has
    > the server and one client. The config presently is that the linksys has a
    > DMZ on the server IP, and remote port 3389 forwarded to the server IP, and
    > on the sonicwall I created a new pass through for rdc of tcp and udp ports
    > 3389, but the remote desktop is still not reachable from the outside. I
    > can remote into the server from the workstation within the network, so the
    > server settings are ok, but could be the linksys or the sonicwall.
    > Online
    > documentation on the sonicwall seems limited. Any input I thank you for
    > in advance.

    If thesonicwall is the only firewall on the network, you just create an
    access rule that forwards port 3389 to the server. For instance, let's say
    that your server is at 10.1.1.1. Your rule for 3389 would be:

    source:begin:end
    wan:*

    destination:begin:end
    lan: 10.1.1.1 : 10.1.1.1