    a wired connection?
    I'm thinking Infra Red, Radio Frequency or similar..
    Bob Williams
    Bob Williams, Apr 12, 2006

  2. Bob Williams

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 23:32:52 -0700, Bob Williams wrote:

    > Anybody know of a non-DSLR that has a Remote Shutter Release that is not
    > a wired connection?
    > I'm thinking Infra Red, Radio Frequency or similar..

    Some Olympus cameras have remotes (IR, I think). I've seen one
    for the C-8080, but that model was discontinued last year. The
    C-7070 was discontinued more recently and may also work with
    remotes, but that's just a guess. Both models may still be
    available here and there. I'm not familiar with any of the current
    models so I can't say whether any of them also come with remotes.
    ASAAR, Apr 12, 2006

  3. Bob Williams wrote:
    > Anybody know of a non-DSLR that has a Remote Shutter Release that is not
    > a wired connection?
    > I'm thinking Infra Red, Radio Frequency or similar..

    Nikon Coolpix 8700 and 8800 use infra red.

    --
    - Barry
    Barry L. Wallis, Apr 12, 2006
  4. Bob Williams

    Rina Guest

    Some of the Olympus cameras have them. I don't know about the newer models
    but both of my Older ones came with a remote. (C3000 & c2100UZ)

    Rina

    Rina, Apr 12, 2006
  5. Bob Williams

    Chris Guest

    Konica Minolta (of honored memory) A200
    Chris, Apr 12, 2006
  6. Bob Williams

    Jeremy Guest

    > Bob Williams wrote:
    >> Anybody know of a non-DSLR that has a Remote Shutter Release that is not
    >> a wired connection?
    >> I'm thinking Infra Red, Radio Frequency or similar..

    Geez, I've had a remote-controlled digicam since 1999, when I bought my
    Ricoh RDC-5300. It's only 2.3 MP, but that does create 4x6 prints at 300
    ppi resolution, and I continue to use that camera as my digital unit even
    today. I continue to use film bodies and lenses for work I consider to be
    more critical.

    I don't follow the latest trends in digital cameras, and I just thought that
    virtually everybody had remote control availability these days.

    If you can do with an older unit, the Ricoh models RDC-5000 and RDC-5300 are
    readily available on eBay, for under $100. The 5300 model looks very
    similar to the Contax G2 (film) camera. The reviews are still online at
    Steve's Digicam and other such sites.

    These days, Ricoh is selling their cameras in the USA rebadged under the
    Rollei brand. You may want to check the Rollei site to see if any of their
    current models have remote controls.
    Jeremy, Apr 12, 2006
  7. Bob Williams <> writes:
    > Anybody know of a non-DSLR that has a Remote Shutter Release that is
    > not a wired connection? I'm thinking Infra Red, Radio Frequency or
    > similar..

    Every P&S I've owned (and I have owned a few) has had an infrared
    remote shutter release. Just pick the camera you want and I'd
    be very surprised if wireless remote was left of the feature list.
    Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z
    Gisle Hannemyr, Apr 12, 2006
  8. Gisle Hannemyr <> writes:

    > Bob Williams <> writes:
    > > Anybody know of a non-DSLR that has a Remote Shutter Release that is
    > > not a wired connection? I'm thinking Infra Red, Radio Frequency or
    > > similar..

    > Every P&S I've owned (and I have owned a few) has had an infrared
    > remote shutter release. Just pick the camera you want and I'd
    > be very surprised if wireless remote was left of the feature list.

    I've never happened to encounter a P&S that had any kind of a remote,
    infrared or otherwise; so your mileage may vary. Certainly some do
    exist, I've heard about them. But the Epson 850Z didn't come with
    one, Canon A610 doesn't come with one, neither does the Fuji F11.
    RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>
    David Dyer-Bennet, Apr 12, 2006
  9. Bob Williams

    secheese Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Anybody know of a non-DSLR that has a Remote Shutter Release that is not
    > a wired connection?
    >I'm thinking Infra Red, Radio Frequency or similar..
    >Bob Williams

    Canon G6 is IR.
    secheese, Apr 12, 2006
  10. Bob Williams

    Skip M Guest

    "Bob Williams" <> wrote in message
    > Anybody know of a non-DSLR that has a Remote Shutter Release that is not a
    > wired connection?
    > I'm thinking Infra Red, Radio Frequency or similar..
    > Bob Williams

    Our old Oly E-10 came with an IR remote...

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip M, Apr 13, 2006
  11. Bob Williams

    Bob Williams Guest

    Gisle Hannemyr wrote:
    > Bob Williams <> writes:
    >
    >>Anybody know of a non-DSLR that has a Remote Shutter Release that is
    >>not a wired connection? I'm thinking Infra Red, Radio Frequency or
    >>similar..

    > Every P&S I've owned (and I have owned a few) has had an infrared
    > remote shutter release. Just pick the camera you want and I'd
    > be very surprised if wireless remote was left of the feature list.

    I presently own a Canon S-45 and a Panasonic DMC-FZ15.
    Neither have wireless remotes.(Although the DMC-FZ20 does)
    But thanks for your list of cameras that do.
    Bob Williams, Apr 13, 2006
  12. Bob Williams

    Bob Williams Guest

    Bob Williams wrote:

    > Anybody know of a non-DSLR that has a Remote Shutter Release that is not
    > a wired connection?
    > I'm thinking Infra Red, Radio Frequency or similar..
    > Bob Williams

    Thanks all, for your valuable input.
    Now I've got some food for thought and a few options to choose from.
    Bob Williams.
    Bob Williams, Apr 13, 2006