    settings in control panel to give it a long timeout till it suspends but
    would like to make it suspend when i want .

    Many thanks
    Magic, Apr 27, 2004

  2. Magic

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:47:37 +0100, Magic wrote:

    >Does anyone know of a command that will put a networked machine into suspend
    >mode. ?
    >
    >I know i can use shutdown to completely shut it down , or just use the power
    >settings in control panel to give it a long timeout till it suspends but
    >would like to make it suspend when i want .
    >
    >Many thanks

    Without knowing the OS in question, a wild guess for a Windows based PC
    maybe -

    www.sysinternals.com
    Utilities
    PSTools
    PsShutdown - shuts down and optionally reboots a computer

    Me
    why?, Apr 27, 2004

  3. Magic

    Magic Guest

    yea sorry, typing before thinking.

    The system is running windows 2000 SP4 with win2000 resource pro kit
    installed.
    The shutdown.exe file works , but the computer hangs at the " safe to turn
    power off" screen. I was thinking that maybe a call to rundll32 may be able
    to put the computer into standby mode ???
    Magic, Apr 27, 2004
  4. Magic

    °Mike° Guest

    In theory, this .vbs command *should* work, but I
    just tested it on XP and it doesn't (on mine, at least).

    ***** <--- Omit this line
    Dim objShell
    Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
    objShell.Suspend
    ***** <--- Omit this line

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:47:37 +0100, in
    <SDzjc.28$>