    Please let me know.

    Thanks in advance

    Anton

    Asterixe63, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Asterixe63

    rickAnthony Guest

    Cisco routers are explicitly set up to do that. I have never heard of doing
    it with a little LinkSys.

    rickAnthony, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Asterixe63

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:24:24 GMT, "Asterixe63" <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >How do I contact my router at home from a remote location?
    >I do have all info, like IP address, etc............
    >I use a Linksys router and like to be able to access it from anywhere.

    By default, you cannot remotely administrer a Linksys router. You can
    set it up so this is possible, but you might want to think twice about
    doing so.

    Depending on the router model, go into the Administration menu, and
    enable Remote Access. Bingo. Remotely, you can access the router's
    web administration by simply contacting the IP address of the router,
    on the port you specified. Log in as per usual. Consult your Linksys
    manual for further details.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Mar 3, 2004
  4. Asterixe63

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 12:24:24 GMT, Asterixe63 wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >How do I contact my router at home from a remote location?
    >I do have all info, like IP address, etc............
    >I use a Linksys router and like to be able to access it from anywhere.

    Wow the thrills and spills of a router config page while on holiday :)

    Check the manual, the older Netgear's like the RT314 allow telnet to the
    public facing IP, remembering to configure any passwords before going
    away..

    It may also help to say just what the model of your router is or not.
    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Mar 3, 2004