    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Joseph Meehan

    Mark B. Guest

    "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    news:NLedd.37$...
    > It looks like the Canon version is ... well a little expensive.
    > Anyone else have a good one available for a reasonable price?

    $1500 for the camera and you don't want to shell out $50 for a remote?

    Mark

    Mark B., Oct 20, 2004

  3. Mark B. wrote:
    > "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    >> It looks like the Canon version is ... well a little expensive.
    >> Anyone else have a good one available for a reasonable price?
    >>

    > $1500 for the camera and you don't want to shell out $50 for a remote?
    >
    > Mark

    Yea. If there is an good alternative.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Joseph Meehan

    Guest

    , Oct 20, 2004
  5. Joseph Meehan

    Taswolf Guest

    This sounds like at least two hours of fooling around, with no guarantee of
    success.
    Gotta love people with the patience and intestinal fortitude to try these
    things, but
    my time/patience is limited. I would opt for the Real McCoy....

    T.W.

    Taswolf, Oct 21, 2004
  6. Joseph Meehan

    Mark B. Guest

    "Taswolf" <> wrote in message
    > This sounds like at least two hours of fooling around, with no guarantee
    > of success.
    > Gotta love people with the patience and intestinal fortitude to try these
    > things, but
    > my time/patience is limited. I would opt for the Real McCoy....
    >
    > T.W.

    Ditto. The time it would take me is worth at least $50 for the Canon.

    Mark

    Mark B., Oct 21, 2004
  7. wrote:
    > "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Yea. If there is an good alternative.

    > http://www.diff.net/peter/photography/canon_n3_connector_info.shtml
    >
    > Note sure if this qualifies as "good", but it certainly is less expensive.

    No, I think the $50.00 for the real thing that I know will have good
    reliability is worth it. Of course if I can find something much cheaper and
    also reliable, I will go for that.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Oct 21, 2004
  8. "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Yea. If there is an good alternative.

    >> http://www.diff.net/peter/photography/canon_n3_connector_info.shtml
    >>
    >> Note sure if this qualifies as "good", but it certainly is less
    >> expensive.

    > No, I think the $50.00 for the real thing that I know will have good
    > reliability is worth it. Of course if I can find something much cheaper
    > and also reliable, I will go for that.

    Agreed. I build my own circuitry all the time. But I balk at molding my
    own plastic connectors.

    Now if he were to discover some other readily available connector that will
    fit, *that* would be worth knowing.

    Michael A. Covington, Oct 21, 2004