    trying to start RPC and it gives me :Error 1059-circular service
    dependency was specified. Does anybody know about this error and how
    to solve it? Would appreciate any help.

    john, Jan 5, 2008

  2. john

    Guest

    , Jan 5, 2008

  3. john

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "john" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a small network, running 2k3. I have a problem in that I am
    > trying to start RPC and it gives me :Error 1059-circular service
    > dependency was specified. Does anybody know about this error and how
    > to solve it? Would appreciate any help.

    What that means in layman terms I beleive, which I have also encountered in
    computer programming, is that Dependency1 has a dependency on Dependency2
    and Dependency2 has a dependency on Dependency1 --- the circular
    dependency.

    They both cannot be pointing at each other. It's one pointing to the other
    one. They cannot be looking back at each other.

    In programming and DLL referencing in a project. DLL1 has a reference to
    DLL2, and DLL2 has a reference to DLL1, the circular reference. It cannot be
    that way. The both cannot be pointing to each other on the references.

    Mr. Arnold, Jan 5, 2008
  4. john

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 18:12:36 -0800 (PST), john wrote:

    >I have a small network, running 2k3. I have a problem in that I am
    >trying to start RPC and it gives me :Error 1059-circular service
    >dependency was specified. Does anybody know about this error and how
    >to solve it? Would appreciate any help.

    You aren't the only one, www.google.com

    http://www.google.com/search?q=Error 1059-circular service
    is 291 hits, add rpc

    Results 1 - 10 of about 147 English pages for Error 1059-circular
    service rpc. (0.38 seconds)

    http://www.google.com/search?q=Error 1059-circular service rpc

    Also the MS server newsgroups, a list here
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33607298&expand=1

    Me

    why?, Jan 5, 2008