    printer remotely from the laptop. Are there any instructions anywhere? At
    one point, a question came up of my printer URL. I don't know if I have a
    URL for my printer. If I do, where could I find it?

    =?Utf-8?B?UGVubnk=?=, Dec 4, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGVubnk=?=

    Malke Guest

    Penny wrote:

    > I have my Windows XP Home Edition computer connected to a Lexmark Z52
    > printer. I am now trying to print from my laptop which is Windows XP
    > Professional Edition. I don't know how to set it up to be able to use
    > the
    > printer remotely from the laptop. Are there any instructions
    > anywhere? At
    > one point, a question came up of my printer URL. I don't know if I
    > have a
    > URL for my printer. If I do, where could I find it?

    Do you have File and Printer Sharing set up? Do you have a home network
    set up? You have to set up your home network first, share out files or
    just the printer (your choice) on the desktop, and then add the printer
    to your laptop. This isn't a wireless question, per se, but rather a
    networking question. You haven't given us any information about what
    you've done. Here are some links to help you with networking:

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/troubleshoot_index.htm

    Malke