    (I don't think the personal edition can run scripts without a hack of
    some sort, its a very rudimentary version)

    thanks

    heruti, Jun 12, 2005

  2. heruti

    why? Guest

    On 11 Jun 2005 16:56:03 -0700, heruti wrote:

    >Hi,
    >

    >I have several PC's and UPS's, only one is a late model with auto-power
    >down and USB connection. (APC Back-ups cs500)
    >I'd like that Powerchute personal edition software that came with it to
    >power down all other PC's in the network as well.

    Get the power bar , with the master socket. If the equipment in the
    master socket is turned off it powers down the rest of the sockets.

    http://www.maplin.co.uk
    search for part - L01AQ

    Try other places like Belkin as well.

    >how can I find out which system event fires up upon a blackout,
    >and then make it run a batch file

    To make the stuff shutdown?

    Assuming all Windows based PCs,

    Monitor the event log of the PC with the APC software, when a power loss
    happens run the remote psshutdown , www.sysinternals.com , utility.

    why?, Jun 12, 2005

  3. heruti

    heruti Guest

    > Get the power bar , with the master socket. If the equipment in the
    > master socket is turned off it powers down the rest of the sockets.

    ah yes, that would only power off the machines; I want them shut down
    orderly through windows, remotely, with the psShutdown command, before
    their UPS batteries run out and they are abruptly shut off. (only one
    UPS in our network is new and has USB port with software shut down
    feature)

    also regarding the power bar, its for UK plugs, is there a model for
    European mainland plugs? (round ones) I couldn't find one

    Thanks all the same

    heruti, Jun 13, 2005
  4. heruti

    why? Guest

    On 12 Jun 2005 17:04:41 -0700, heruti wrote:

    >> Get the power bar , with the master socket. If the equipment in the
    >> master socket is turned off it powers down the rest of the sockets.

    >ah yes, that would only power off the machines; I want them shut down
    >orderly through windows, remotely, with the psShutdown command, before

    I know. Windows is getting better at that, you can't have everything.

    >their UPS batteries run out and they are abruptly shut off. (only one
    >UPS in our network is new and has USB port with software shut down
    >feature)

    That's back to 1 PC detecting the power down event and running a
    shutdown script.

    >also regarding the power bar, its for UK plugs, is there a model for
    >European mainland plugs? (round ones) I couldn't find one

    Not a surprise, you can only Google for other suppliers of the same item
    to fit your requirements. It would be odd not to find other versions.

    Me

    why?, Jun 13, 2005