    remotely to my cisco box and I want to watch what he doing on
    real-time.]
    THanks

    bvlmv, Jan 8, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    bvlmv <> wrote:
    :Is there a way to monitor what a tech is doing remotely to a cisco
    :box? In other words I have a guy who is going to be making changes
    :remotely to my cisco box and I want to watch what he doing on
    :real-time.]

    If you want 'real time' then you are going to have to sniff the
    network connection. For example, you would need this if you want
    to watch as the guy corrects typos.

    If seeing the completed commands is close enough, then on newer PIX
    and (as I understand) newer IOS, you can configure so that all
    commands are logged through the normal logging mechanisms. On PIX,
    this gets right down to including the individual lines of configuration
    changes; I don't know whether the same is true on IOS.

    CatOS... I don't know.
    typewriters, and Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare. -- Blair Houghton.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 8, 2004

  3. bvlmv

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Is there a way to monitor what a tech is doing remotely to a cisco
    > box? In other words I have a guy who is going to be making changes
    > remotely to my cisco box and I want to watch what he doing on
    > real-time.]

    Not real time that I know of (other than VNC, Sniffers etc.) Why not
    use Tacacs+ to monitor what was typed in?

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jan 8, 2004
  4. bvlmv

    bvlmv Guest

    Oh ok. I thought there was a command that you configure on the vty so
    that when the tech and I log in to the router i'm able to see him
    configuring.
    thanks.

    bvlmv, Jan 9, 2004