    They also have a hot shoe adapter 3, 60 inch cable, off camera shoe.
    Unfortunately, the hot shoe adapter is NOT compatible with EOS digital
    camera.

    peter, Feb 13, 2007

  2. peter wrote:
    > How do you connect a 3rd party TTL flash 6 feet away, to a canon EOS
    > digital camera?
    >
    > Canon makes a TTL off camera shoe cord but is only 2 feet long.
    >
    > They also have a hot shoe adapter 3, 60 inch cable, off camera shoe.
    > Unfortunately, the hot shoe adapter is NOT compatible with EOS digital
    > camera.

    Use a remote flash activator. This has a hot shoe into which the flashgun is
    clipped then mounted on a tripod. The flash on the camera will trigger the
    remote flash. Not expensive.

    Dennis Pogson, Feb 13, 2007

  3. peter

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Feb 13, 12:37 pm, "Dennis Pogson"
    <> wrote:
    > peter wrote:

    > Use a remote flash activator. This has a hot shoe into which the flashgun is
    > clipped then mounted on a tripod. The flash on the camera will trigger the
    > remote flash. Not expensive.

    There are plenty on eBay for less than twenty bucks. The only real
    problem I've had is that when using them indoors, cigarette lighters
    can actually trigger the flashes. "Course, cigarette smoking indoors
    is a thing of the past in many places.

    An example from eBay:

    http://tinyurl.com/3x3hyg

    HTH.

    --
    YOP...

    Nervous Nick, Feb 13, 2007
  4. peter

    peter Guest

    >> Use a remote flash activator. This has a hot shoe into which the flashgun
    >> is
    >> clipped then mounted on a tripod. The flash on the camera will trigger
    >> the
    >> remote flash. Not expensive.

    > There are plenty on eBay for less than twenty bucks. The only real
    > problem I've had is that when using them indoors, cigarette lighters
    > can actually trigger the flashes. "Course, cigarette smoking indoors
    > is a thing of the past in many places.
    >
    > An example from eBay:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/3x3hyg

    Thanks, but I thought TTL flash requires more than 2 pins to support?

    peter, Feb 14, 2007
  5. peter

    Mark B. Guest

    "Dennis Pogson" <> wrote in message
    > peter wrote:
    >> How do you connect a 3rd party TTL flash 6 feet away, to a canon EOS
    >> digital camera?
    >>
    >> Canon makes a TTL off camera shoe cord but is only 2 feet long.
    >>
    >> They also have a hot shoe adapter 3, 60 inch cable, off camera shoe.
    >> Unfortunately, the hot shoe adapter is NOT compatible with EOS digital
    >> camera.

    > Use a remote flash activator. This has a hot shoe into which the flashgun
    > is
    > clipped then mounted on a tripod. The flash on the camera will trigger the
    > remote flash. Not expensive.

    I'm pretty sure you'll lose E-TTL with these. Another, although expensive
    solution, is to get the Canon ST-E2 wireless trigger but at least you'll
    retain E-TTL flash control.

    Mark

    Mark B., Feb 14, 2007