  1. Guest

    Has anybody had success with using ms remote desktop with slingshot?
    , Aug 10, 2006

  2. Chris Lim Guest

    wrote:
    > Has anybody had success with using ms remote desktop with slingshot?

    Yes, I've used it before and I'm with Slingshot.
    Chris Lim, Aug 10, 2006

  3. SIS Guest

    i use it daily

    SIS, Aug 10, 2006
  4. Guest

    On 10 Aug 2006 02:44:02 -0700, "Chris Lim" <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Has anybody had success with using ms remote desktop with slingshot?

    >Yes, I've used it before and I'm with Slingshot.

    Hi,
    Have you used it recently as I used to be able to use it (work to
    home) but now cannot seem to connect. Any ideas ?
    , Aug 10, 2006
  5. Chris Lim Guest

    wrote:
    > Have you used it recently as I used to be able to use it (work to
    > home) but now cannot seem to connect. Any ideas ?

    No I haven't used it in the last few weeks.
    Chris Lim, Aug 10, 2006
  6. Allistar Guest

    wrote:

    > On 10 Aug 2006 02:44:02 -0700, "Chris Lim" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> Has anybody had success with using ms remote desktop with slingshot?

    >>Yes, I've used it before and I'm with Slingshot.

    > Hi,
    > Have you used it recently as I used to be able to use it (work to
    > home) but now cannot seem to connect. Any ideas ?

    Assuming the server is running and the IP address is known, it sounds like a
    firewall issue.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Aug 10, 2006
  7. Crash Guest

    Allistar wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On 10 Aug 2006 02:44:02 -0700, "Chris Lim" <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Yes, I've used it before and I'm with Slingshot.

    >> Hi,
    >> Have you used it recently as I used to be able to use it (work to
    >> home) but now cannot seem to connect. Any ideas ?

    > Assuming the server is running and the IP address is known, it sounds like a
    > firewall issue.

    Or possibly VPN if that is being used to tunnel into your work network.....

    I am with Orcon and connect daily my PC at work using remote desktop and through
    the Nortel VPN client. FWIW.

    Crash.
    Crash, Aug 11, 2006
  8. Allistar Guest

    Crash wrote:

    > Allistar wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> Hi,
    >>> Have you used it recently as I used to be able to use it (work to
    >>> home) but now cannot seem to connect. Any ideas ?

    >> Assuming the server is running and the IP address is known, it sounds
    >> like a firewall issue.

    > Or possibly VPN if that is being used to tunnel into your work
    > network.....
    >
    > I am with Orcon and connect daily my PC at work using remote desktop and
    > through
    > the Nortel VPN client. FWIW.

    I use rdesktop (on KDE) to connect to a clients Terminal Server through a
    reverse ssh tunnel initiated automatically from their end. Very secure as
    their network connects to me, not the other way around, and ports need to
    be tunneled through manually.

    > Crash.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Aug 11, 2006