    such a problem. Our application needs to report by exception and so the
    automatic refresh is important. I appreciate any suggestions or utils that
    might help. Kind Regards, Gary
    =?Utf-8?B?R2F6VUs=?=, Jul 7, 2005

  2. It will automatically "reconnect" when you get a different IP
    address... When you roam between hotspots, you should be getting a
    different IP addresss.
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

    http://www.networkblog.net (My Networking Blog)
    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com (Support Site)

    Jeffrey Randow (MVP), Jul 10, 2005

  3. I get the re-connection ok. All hotspots and repeaters have different IP
    addresses and I can see when the re-connection occurs using the suppliers
    utility software on the client. The problem I have is that the Remote Desktop
    Connection screen does not refresh after the IP re-connection. For example,
    while roaming with the client, I am displaying the system clock on the server
    using the Windows XP Remote Desktop Connection. The clock displayed on the
    client (but sourced from the server) will stop on the client after IP
    re-connection. It only starts to update again if I select the Remote Desktop
    Connection screen with the client mouse. I know that the connection is not
    lost since this will be shown when the Remote Desktop windows goes black and
    white and I can see the icon showing that the connection is lost. The IP
    re-connection is pretty quick in the order of 3 to 5 seconds.

    =?Utf-8?B?R2F6VUs=?=, Jul 11, 2005