    proxy using a service like noip or will it be blocked by the proxy?

    TIA

    Henry Parsons
    Henry Parsons, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Henry Parsons

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:58:11 +0000 (UTC), Henry Parsons wrote:

    >I wish to run remote desktop web connection on a computer behind a proxy but
    >do not have access to change the server to allow the connection, nor will
    >the admin make the necessary changes. Is it possible to run it through the
    >proxy using a service like noip or will it be blocked by the proxy?

    If the Admin will not make the necessary changes then h/sh/it doesn't want you
    doing it. Seems simple enough. That makes it illegal in the UK under the
    Computer Misuse Act of 1990.

    "Computer misuse offences
    Unauthorised access to computer material. 1.-(1) A person is guilty of an
    offence if-

    1. he causes a computer to perform any function with intent to secure access
    to any program or data held in any computer;
    2. the access he intends to secure is unauthorised; and
    3. he knows at the time when he causes the computer to perform the function
    that that is the case.

    (2) The intent a person has to have to commit an offence under this
    section need not be directed at-

    1. any particular program or data;
    2. a program or data of any particular kind; or
    3. a program or data held in any particular computer.

    (3) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on
    summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a
    fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or to both."

    http://www.ja.net/CERT/JANET-CERT/law/cma.html#1

    --
    What we need are a couple of good hangings.
    -- FTC Chairman Orson Swindle, on email spam
    Mara, Jan 13, 2004