    becasue of the nature of NAT. I know there are alternatives like
    Hamachi and OpenVPN, but I was hoping to only have to use the VNC
    client. If anyone has any ideas I'd really love to hear them.

    Krusher, Apr 18, 2006

  2. Krusher

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You can get a manual from here, it tells you how to turn off the NAT or
    forward ports.
    ftp://ftp.us.zyxel.com/P660_Series/document/P660_Series_v3-40_UsersGuide.pdf

    pcbutts1, Apr 18, 2006

  3. Krusher

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Duane Arnold, Apr 18, 2006
  4. Krusher

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:ZZW0g.3618$,
    Duane Arnold" <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET spewed forth:
    > pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> You can get a manual from here, it tells you how to turn off the NAT
    >> or forward ports.
    >> ftp://ftp.us.zyxel.com/P660_Series/document/P660_Series_v3-40_UsersGuide.pdf
    >>

    > Hey, you're not being hammered about posting a link.
    >
    > I can't believe it. ;-)
    >
    > Duane :)

    LOL!! Yeah - his personal stalker must have the afternoon off...

    Toolman Tim, Apr 18, 2006
  5. Krusher

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:ZZW0g.3618$,
    > Duane Arnold" <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET spewed forth:
    >> pcbutts1 wrote:
    >>> You can get a manual from here, it tells you how to turn off the NAT
    >>> or forward ports.
    >>> ftp://ftp.us.zyxel.com/P660_Series/document/P660_Series_v3-40_UsersGuide.pdf
    >>>

    >> Hey, you're not being hammered about posting a link.
    >>
    >> I can't believe it. ;-)
    >>
    >> Duane :)

    > LOL!! Yeah - his personal stalker must have the afternoon off...

    <g>

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 18, 2006
  6. Krusher

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Or use this link
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/P660_Series_v3-40_UsersGuide.pdf

    pcbutts1, Apr 18, 2006
  7. Krusher

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Watch this.

    ;0)

    "Duane Arnold" <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET"> wrote in
    message news:ZZW0g.3618$...

    pcbutts1, Apr 18, 2006
  8. Krusher

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I recently got DSL and wanted to remote into my computers using
    > UltraVNC. The problem is that my provider (Earthlink/Sprint) has given
    > me a modem (zyXEL 660 series) which is also a NAT Router (their words
    > not mine). Because of this I am having a heckuva a time getting my
    > wireless router to forward the ports.
    >
    > Here's the setup: Internet --> DSL Modem --> D-Link Router (DI-524)
    > --> Computers on LAN
    >
    > I have read that it might not be possible to forward ports and whatnot
    > becasue of the nature of NAT. I know there are alternatives like
    > Hamachi and OpenVPN, but I was hoping to only have to use the VNC
    > client. If anyone has any ideas I'd really love to hear them.

    Your providers modem needs to be put in "Bridge" mode, call their
    support group and ask them how. In bridge mode your own D-Link router
    will do the authentication and get you a public IP. Once you have bridge
    mode working and your D-Link gets an IP, you can forward all you want.

    Keep in mind, if you are doing this from work, and you don't have the
    permission of the company you work for, you may be disciplined for it.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Apr 18, 2006
  9. Krusher

    Leythos Guest

    In article <v0X0g.212$>, lid
    says...
    > In news:ZZW0g.3618$,
    > Duane Arnold" <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET spewed forth:
    > > pcbutts1 wrote:
    > >> You can get a manual from here, it tells you how to turn off the NAT
    > >> or forward ports.
    > >> ftp://ftp.us.zyxel.com/P660_Series/document/P660_Series_v3-40_UsersGuide.pdf
    > >>

    > > Hey, you're not being hammered about posting a link.
    > >
    > > I can't believe it. ;-)
    > >
    > > Duane :)

    > LOL!! Yeah - his personal stalker must have the afternoon off...

    Yea, he posted a link to the "Vendors" site, why would anyone complain
    about that.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Apr 18, 2006
  10. Krusher

    why? Guest

    On 17 Apr 2006 17:28:41 -0700, Krusher wrote:

    >I recently got DSL and wanted to remote into my computers using
    >UltraVNC. The problem is that my provider (Earthlink/Sprint) has given
    >me a modem (zyXEL 660 series) which is also a NAT Router (their words
    >not mine). Because of this I am having a heckuva a time getting my
    >wireless router to forward the ports.

    Try , as mentioned in other posts, searching 24HSHD or just,
    http://www.portforward.com/

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Apr 18, 2006