    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942610

    I have all the latest updates installed from Microsoft Update site. After
    many hours of searching, I'm ready to admit defeat. Thanks for any help.

    Michael, Nov 11, 2008

  2. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Correction, that link ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942610 ) is exactly
    what I needed. Click the link at the top of the page and you will be emailed
    a link to a hotfix. When you unzip the hotfix (need password from email) the
    resulting executable has XP in the name and installs fine...best of all it
    solved the problem!

    Michael, Nov 12, 2008

  3. Yes, fixes for Server 2k3 generally work on XP x64 as well. They're the same
    code base.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 12, 2008
  4. Michael

    aroko56 Guest

    Hi Carlie,

    I am having the exact same problem, When i change the resoution anything
    over 2400by 1200, it will connect with 8 Bit, so i tried the hotfix, but i
    get this error when i try to launch it "This verstion of windows that you
    have installed doesnt match the update you are trying to install" i have Xp
    Pro Sp2. Any idea on how to fix this?
    Thanks

    aroko56, Jan 14, 2009
  5. Michael

    aroko56 Guest

    aroko56, Jan 14, 2009
  6. Michael

    alex Guest

    Charlie,

    This patch won't install on XP Pro 64bit.

    alex, Jan 24, 2009
  7. Then we're out of luck, I"m afraid. Most of the time, MS makes updates for
    Server 2k3 x64 able to install on XP x64. When they don't however, there's
    not much we can do that wouldn't put us in a totally unsupported position at
    best. The one recourse you have is to open a support incident with MS.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 24, 2009