    obtaining an IP. It's very strange.

    Does anyone have any ideas on where to look? Is this a wireless router
    issue? I have a Microsoft MN-700 with the latest firmware.

    demi, Jan 22, 2007

  2. "demi" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a notebook with windows media center on it. It's hooked up to my
    > local wireless network. I used to be able to remote desktop into it,
    > but at some point it stopped working. I investigated and discovered
    > that as soon as the login process starts (i.e., notebook screen goes
    > back to welcome screen), the notebook looses it's network connectivity.
    >

    > I tested this by pinging the notebook's IP during the login process.
    > Once this happens, RDT just hangs until it times out. I also tried to
    > do a "switch user" directly on the notebook to get it to go to the
    > welcome screen, but when I do that, the connectivity stays.
    >
    > In the case then I try to use RDT and I lose the connection, when I
    > re-login at the notebook, I can see the wireless connecting and
    > obtaining an IP. It's very strange.
    >
    > Does anyone have any ideas on where to look? Is this a wireless router
    > issue? I have a Microsoft MN-700 with the latest firmware.

    One way to test is to hardwire the notebook to the router or a switch and
    try again.

    You also might check the event logs on the notebook to see if there are any
    clues...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Jan 22, 2007

  3. Hi

    Looks to me more of a RDT problem rather than Wireless connection problem.

    Disable RDT first and see if you get a normal Wireless connection.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 22, 2007