    remotely. Currently I have to login which disconnects the remote user.

    thanks,
    M.
    Mark S., Mar 6, 2008

  2. Mark S.

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Mark S." <> wrote in message
    news:fqojuh$dto$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to determine if a computer is just locked or is being used
    > by remote desktop? They both look the same when looking at the screen.
    > I'd like to use another computer to determine if the PC is being used
    > remotely. Currently I have to login which disconnects the remote user.

    When I used RDS to login to Win 2k3 server to do IIS Administration from an
    XP pro machine, only one user could be logged into the server. The current
    RSD user had to log off before the next RDS user could login to the Win 2K3
    server. If someone was already logged in, another user couldn't login with
    RDS.
    Mr. Arnold, Mar 6, 2008

  3. Mark S. wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to determine if a computer is just locked or is being used
    > by remote desktop? They both look the same when looking at the screen.
    > I'd like to use another computer to determine if the PC is being used
    > remotely. Currently I have to login which disconnects the remote user.

    Only administrators are allowed to log off other rdp users, so use a
    non-admin account (you may need to add it to the remote desktop user group
    beforehand) for tests.
    Even if you try as admin, rdp should ask before actually logging off the
    other connected user.
    wisdomkiller & pain, Mar 6, 2008