    desktop feature. It should be a pretty easy setup - a broadband
    connection at both ends, my home network on one side and the slightly
    more complex domain based network at work. Any suggestions?
    ]v[etaphoid, Apr 7, 2004

  2. ]v[etaphoid

    one_red_eye Guest

    www.microsoft.com

    --
    Some people grin and bear it.
    Others smile and change it.
    one_red_eye, Apr 7, 2004

  3. "one_red_eye" <> wrote in message

    > "]v[etaphoid" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I'm trying to setup my work PC for remote access from home so I don't
    > > have to come in to work for five minutes on my day off to fix some
    > > simple problem. Previously, I've done this using PCAnywhere, but since
    > > we've recently upgraded to XP Professional, I thought the built-in
    > > Remote Desktop function might be easier to configure.
    > >
    > > Perhaps not...
    > >
    > > Can anyone point me to a decent guide or faq for using XP's remote
    > > desktop feature. It should be a pretty easy setup - a broadband
    > > connection at both ends, my home network on one side and the slightly
    > > more complex domain based network at work. Any suggestions?

    A couple links to get you started that helped me setup a similar system:

    http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6270-1052360-1-1.html

    http://tinyurl.com/5cgh

    http://ccfaq.valar.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=230

    > www.microsoft.com
    >
    > --
    > Some people grin and bear it.
    > Others smile and change it.

    Given the usefulness of your reply, no prizes for guessing which group you
    belong to...
    Malcolm Function, Apr 7, 2004
  4. ]v[etaphoid

    PuddleNuts Guest

    one_red_eye wrote:

    >>Given the usefulness of your reply, no prizes for guessing which group you
    >>belong to...
    >>

    > Who said I belong anywhere...

    One brown eye!

    --
    Your proctologist called, they found your head.
    PuddleNuts, Apr 7, 2004