    both have full licenses. Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    -D-
    -D-, Apr 15, 2005

  2. -D-

    Adam Leinss Guest

    "-D-" <> wrote in
    news:eek::

    > I was wondering if anyone might know the cause of the following
    > error in the following scenario:
    >
    > There are two servers running Windows Server 2003 (both servers
    > are Dell Pro Edge 600SC).
    >
    > Server 1 is a file server which is connected to Server 2 which is
    > a Terminal Services server.
    >
    > Here is the problem: From a laptop running XP, an employee dials
    > into their ISP and attempts to use remote desktop to log into
    > Server 2 (Terminal Services server) by typing in the IP.
    >
    > The error says there aren’t licenses to remote into the server?
    > The servers both have full licenses. Any ideas?

    This is the wrong news group for this question. Try a Microsoft Windows
    Server 2003 news group at msnews.microsoft.com.

    BTW, your post is very vague. I have no idea what "server 1 is
    connected to server 2" means.

    You didn't include a copy of the event log on the server when the user
    tries to log in.

    You don't even give the exact error!

    Nor do you explain how someone using DUN accesses your private network
    (it is private isn't it?)

    Good luck.

    Adam
    Adam Leinss, Apr 15, 2005

  3. -D-

    MF Guest

    what do you mean "fully licensed"? which one is the license server? do you
    have that function running?

    MF, Apr 15, 2005
  4. -D-

    Guest

    this is the wrong group for this, but the answer is:

    The terminal Server requires TS Cals for access. TS Cals can be "per
    user" or "per device" It sounds like your TS server is set for "per
    device" licensing, and you have exceeded the number of devices.
    , Apr 16, 2005
  5. -D-

    James C Guest

    Might not have been activated properly either??

    James C, May 4, 2005