    firewall, but it still doesn't work. I have no problem remote desktop to
    win2K Terminal Server.

    Please help! How can I remote desktop to winxp from win2k desktop computer.
    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Oct 15, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    unspeakable Guest

    Make that remote desktop is enabled under control panel-system-remote. Any
    user that needs to login must be an admin, or a member of the remote desktop
    user group.

    unspeakable, Oct 15, 2006

  3. I already added myself as a remote desktop user group, and the remote desktop
    is enabled on winxp PC. But I still can't remote from win2k to winxp, or
    winxp to winxp in same domain.

    Please help/advice!

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Oct 16, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    OT-MAN Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    >I already added myself as a remote desktop user group, and the remote
    >desktop
    > is enabled on winxp PC. But I still can't remote from win2k to winxp, or
    > winxp to winxp in same domain.
    >
    > Please help/advice!

    What hype of anti-virus / anti-spam or firwall do you use?
    OT-MAN, Oct 16, 2006
  5. > "James" <> wrote in message
    > >I already added myself as a remote desktop user group, and the remote
    > >desktop
    > > is enabled on winxp PC. But I still can't remote from win2k to winxp, or
    > > winxp to winxp in same domain.
    > >
    > > Please help/advice!

    Make sure you have checked the option "Allow users to connect remotely to
    this computer". On the Windows firewall, make sure "Don't allow exception"
    box is unchecked, otherwise it won't happen. Good luck
    =?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29uIFdpdGhvdXQgV2luZ3M=?=, Oct 16, 2006
  6. We are using TrendMicro OfficeScan. I guess there is nothing to do with
    firewall except winxp firewall. I am remote access the same LAN winxp from my
    pc win2kpro. But fail. Both of the computer are in same LAN same submask.

    I guess there is no firewall setting in OfficeScan.

    Please kindly advice!

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Oct 16, 2006
  7. We are using trendmicro officescan.

    I guess there is no firewall setting in officescan.

    I had disabled the winxp firewall, but still fail.

    I had did what "Dragon without win..." mentioned. but the result is also fail.

    Do you have any ideal to troubleshoot and narrow down the possible cause?

    I found all setting are fine, but it still won't works, that's interesting!

    Please guide!

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Oct 16, 2006
  8. I have followed what is mention in 70-270 self training kit. And I am sure
    all the setting are correct (Include what you had mentioned below). But it
    just won't work in my domain and active directory environment

    My doubt is that, is there any group policy in my AD blocking remote desktop?

    I am just guessing only!

    Do you have any idea or reference ?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Oct 16, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    OT-MAN Guest

    > My doubt is that, is there any group policy in my AD blocking remote
    > desktop?

    No,

    If you are using anti-spyware like this (Webroot Spy Sweeper) it won't allow
    you to use the remote desktop or even ping ......
    OT-MAN, Oct 16, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:00:02 -0700, James cast into the ether:

    > found all setting are fine, but it still won't works, that's interesting!
    >
    > Please guide!

    Look, Iknow that this is all in aid of MS certs, so I probably shouldn't
    suggest this, but if you really need the functionality, and you are tired
    of all the crap:

    Download and install TightVNC. It just works. I've used it on multiple
    platforms, and [1] it has always been a snap to set up, even with 'nix.

    Mickeysoft alleged Remote Desktop is only good for giving one a headache.

    Furrfu!

    [1] Knock on wood.
    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 22
    JaR, Oct 16, 2006
  11. > I have followed what is mention in 70-270 self training kit. And I am sure
    > all the setting are correct (Include what you had mentioned below). But it
    > just won't work in my domain and active directory environment
    >
    > My doubt is that, is there any group policy in my AD blocking remote desktop?
    >
    > I am just guessing only!

    > Do you have any idea or reference ?

    First, let me clarify this. You are saying that you can't do the remote
    desktop from Win2K box to any XP box. Does that mean you have already
    installed the remote desktop for client on your Win2K machine? (because as
    far as I know, Win2K only has the Net meeting for remote connection). If
    not, then you have to download the RDC from Microsoft website and install it
    on your Win2K machine before you can go any further.
    About RDC from one XP box to another, I am not aware of any default policy
    from the AD which will block the RDC because, as I just said above, Windows
    2000 doesn't have RDC.
    1. You can use XP RDC to connect to the Win2K as long as you have Terminal
    server installed on that Win2K box.
    2. You can use RDC to connect to your XP box from your Win2K server as long
    as you have RDC for client installed on the Win2K box.
    3. You can use RDC from one XP box (let's say A) to connect to other XP
    machines (let's say B & C) as long as:
    a. RDC is enable
    b. The account you are logging on from box A has been added as a
    member of Remote Destop User group on Box B & C (and vice versa if you also
    want to RDC from B & C).
    c. For XP with SP2, make sure Don't Allow Exception is unchecked.
    d. The most important is you have to allow the RDC user to log on
    locally. Otherwise, as soon as you are signed in you will be kicked out.
    =?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29uIFdpdGhvdXQgV2luZ3M=?=, Oct 16, 2006
  12. First troubleshooting step is: When you attempt to connect from the 2k box,
    do you actually see the login window or does the RD client just barf before
    that?

    Douglas Davenport, Oct 17, 2006
  13. Thanks for your clear explaination.

    I had used RDC client (from WINXP Box) on my win2k PC before, but fail.

    I will try to check the detials you described below.

    I will let you know the progress.

    Thanks for your help!

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=, Oct 17, 2006
  14. you can connect with Remotely windows xp through win2k( with RDC 2000) cause
    its provide Remote administration, but you can't connect with Remotely win2k
    client through winxp cause win2k can't provide terminal services its only
    used for RD client win2k server provides terminal services.

    =?Utf-8?B?UHJvbWV0cmljIENlbnRyZQ==?=, Oct 17, 2006
  15. Finally, the right answer :)

    "Prometric Centre" <> schreef in
    bericht news:...

    Just somebody, Oct 17, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    "Just somebody" <> wrote in message
    > Finally, the right answer :)

    Hmmm.....I'm just wondering why, if you knew it was the right answer, you
    didn't answer it yourself.
    BD[MCNGP], Oct 17, 2006
  17. You're right, I should have. But I just looked at this post yesterday. But
    hey, someone is happy again! :)

    Just Somebody, Oct 18, 2006
  18. I find your explanation hard to read, but I think you are trying to say that
    only XP pro can act as an RD server and any windows OS can act as a client
    when they download the client.
    This answer is incorrect since James stated that he is attempting to connect
    to a windows XP box from a 2k box and since the XP machine is connected to a
    domain it can't be Home. So I don't see why those restrictions should affect
    hime.

    "Prometric Centre" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Douglas Davenport, Oct 19, 2006