Remote desktop connections

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Richard Miller, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. How do I log on to another computer though the Internet using remote desktop
    connections? I have XP Pro and the other person has XP Home.
    Richard Miller, Apr 12, 2006

  2. Richard Miller

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-04-12, Richard Miller <> wrote:
    > How do I log on to another computer though the Internet using remote desktop
    > connections? I have XP Pro and the other person has XP Home.

    You can read this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx

    but "XP Home" can 'remote desktop login' to "XP Pro", not the other way
    around, has always been the way I thought it worked.

    --
    'and I've never claimed to know much about Windows'
    Jimchip, Apr 12, 2006

  3. How can I connect to the Windows XP Home from my Windows XP Pro?

    Richard Miller, Apr 12, 2006
  4. Richard Miller

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-04-12, Richard Miller <> wrote:
    > How can I connect to the Windows XP Home from my Windows XP Pro?

    How far away are they? Are they on the same network?
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/howtouse/default.mspx

    One link you could follow:
    "Sharing Files and Folders with Those You Trust: An Overview

    Collaborating on project work and sharing media files is a great reason to
    set up a network, and we'll show you some of the basics so you can get
    started."

    Jimchip, Apr 12, 2006
  5. Richard Miller

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Richard Miller" <> wrote in message
    > How do I log on to another computer though the Internet using remote
    > desktop connections? I have XP Pro and the other person has XP Home.

    You can't - "Home" doesn't support it.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 12, 2006
  6. Richard Miller

    > How can I connect to the Windows XP Home from my Windows XP Pro?

    Start with WinVNC and take it from there.
    http://www.realvnc.com/

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 12, 2006