    or PEAP-MS-CHAP v2. Connections using a static WEP key or WPA-PSK are not
    affected. Microsoft is investigating this issue."

    Does anyone know if MS has a unofficial/official patch or fix to resolve this?

    =?Utf-8?B?V29vZHN0b2s=?=, May 9, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V29vZHN0b2s=?=

    Lem Guest

    Woodstok wrote:

    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/network/wifi/wififaq.mspx
    >
    > According to this documentation, my answer is: "Not at this time. All
    > 802.1X-based wireless connections are affected, including those using EAP-TLS
    > or PEAP-MS-CHAP v2. Connections using a static WEP key or WPA-PSK are not
    > affected. Microsoft is investigating this issue."
    >
    > Does anyone know if MS has a unofficial/official patch or fix to resolve this?

    Although it's always possible that someone who knows the answer will respond, it's
    been my experience in most of the microsoft.public.* forums that highly specific
    questions on esoteric issues often go unanswered. Because your your issue is the
    subject of a MS Technet article, I suggest that you try clicking on the "contact
    us" link at the very bottom of the page. Although it doesn't say so on the page
    you reference, the typical disclaimer is "For any feedback regarding the content
    of this [article], please write to Microsoft TechNet. Please be aware that this is
    not a support alias and a response is not guaranteed." On the other hand, if
    you're polite, and give a concise description of why you're concerned about the
    issue, you just might get a helpful response. I have.

    [and BTW, I don't have a clue regarding the answer to your question]

    Lem, May 9, 2006