    home premium version?

    Thanks,
    deno
    deno, Sep 10, 2007

  2. deno

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:53:35 -0500, deno wrote:

    >I'm reading about this in vista "windows help." I have a freind
    >150 miles from me who also, like me, runs vista home premium who
    >needs help with her computer.

    Posted before in 24HSHD
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/choose.mspx
    Differences in versions.

    >Apparently I can't help her using remote desktop because we have
    >home premium version?

    RDC only in Business and Ultimate.

    This of course doesn't stop you using any of the other remote control
    products, search 24HSHD again.
    the 4 I remember are (using the first 2 myself)

    DameWare Mini Remote Control (trial , not free) www.dameware.com

    RealVNC www.realvnc.com , I use the VNC Personal Edition as it has
    encryption (not free), there is a free version without encryption.

    pcAnywhere (not free)
    http://www.symantec.com/norton/products/overview.jsp?pcid=pf&pvid=pca121

    TightVNC www.tightvnc.com

    Me
    why?, Sep 10, 2007

  3. deno

    PeeCee Guest

    "deno" <> wrote in message
    > I'm reading about this in vista "windows help." I have a freind 150 miles
    > from me who also, like me, runs vista home premium who needs help with her
    > computer.
    >
    > Apparently I can't help her using remote desktop because we have home
    > premium version?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > deno

    deno

    If all you want is to remotely access/control your friends PC then just get
    a free account at www.logmein.com.

    The free account doesn't let you drag file from the remote PC to your PC or
    to print from the remote PC on your local printer. Other than that once it's
    set up you can do anything you can do with Remote Desktop, and, you don't
    have to fiddle with ports settings in broadband routers.

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Sep 11, 2007
  4. deno

    deno Guest

    PeeCee wrote:
    > "deno" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm reading about this in vista "windows help." I have a freind 150 miles
    >> from me who also, like me, runs vista home premium who needs help with her
    >> computer.
    >>
    >> Apparently I can't help her using remote desktop because we have home
    >> premium version?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> deno

    > deno
    >
    > If all you want is to remotely access/control your friends PC then just get
    > a free account at www.logmein.com.
    >
    > The free account doesn't let you drag file from the remote PC to your PC or
    > to print from the remote PC on your local printer. Other than that once it's
    > set up you can do anything you can do with Remote Desktop, and, you don't
    > have to fiddle with ports settings in broadband routers.
    >
    > Best
    > Paul.

    Thanks you guys, all of you much appreciated.

    deno
    deno, Sep 12, 2007