Remote Desktop Connection woes... black screen with Earthlink ADSL

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?am9zaGNhbGk=?=, Aug 8, 2006.

  1. ok, here's a fun one, and I could use some help!

    I have 2 laptops
    1 mac and 1 pc
    I have Remote Desktop Connection on both of them
    when I try to connect through my home dsl, I get a black screen. But if I
    bring either of the laptops to one of the multiple outside coffee shops... It
    works perfectly!

    I've tried a bunch of things at home including
    1 connecting directly through dsl modem, skipping router
    2 using router with laptop listed as the dmz IP
    3 forwarding port 3389 directly to the laptop

    nothing seems to work,and I just get a black screen

    any idea?
    I even tried (or think I tried) setting the mtu size... b ut it didn't seem
    to work either

    thanks!
    -Josh
    =?Utf-8?B?am9zaGNhbGk=?=, Aug 8, 2006