    it is running.

    Any ideas? Different port? Special mstsc?

    Andre
    =?Utf-8?B?Y2l0eXlr?=, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Check that there isn't a firewall restriction. Then check the Group Policies
    that apply to that machine.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 28, 2005

  3. Any takers?

    problem still exists

    Andre

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2l0eXlr?=, Aug 2, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Y2l0eXlr?=

    Mike Guest

    cityyk wrote:
    > hi,
    >
    > I am tring to connect to my win 2003 x64 using 'remote desktop connection',
    > however the client fails to connect every time.
    >
    > on my x64 server, the box for 'Allow users to connect remotely to this
    > computer' is check under the system properties. The user I am using to
    > connect is an administrator. My understanding of Windows 2003 is as long as
    > this box is checked, terminal services for admin purposes is enabled. No
    > further config or software is required. I also checked the TS Service, and
    > it is running.
    >
    > Any ideas? Different port? Special mstsc?
    >
    > Andre

    Hi,
    I'm using XP Pro. On the client, in the remote connection setup, I had
    to log on to the host as a user that exists on the the host. On the host
    I had to add this user to the remote desktop user group. Maybe you need
    to do this ?
    I also connect specifying the port, 3389.

    Hope this helps

    Mike
    Mike, Aug 2, 2005
  5. I can't even get the terminal session login window to pop up. Immediatly
    errors out. Almost like the service was stopped.

    Andre

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2l0eXlr?=, Aug 2, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Y2l0eXlr?=

    Mike Guest

    cityyk wrote:
    > I can't even get the terminal session login window to pop up. Immediatly
    > errors out. Almost like the service was stopped.
    >
    > Andre
    >
    > "Mike" wrote:
    >

    >>cityyk wrote:
    >>
    >>>hi,
    >>>
    >>>I am tring to connect to my win 2003 x64 using 'remote desktop connection',
    >>>however the client fails to connect every time.
    >>>
    >>>on my x64 server, the box for 'Allow users to connect remotely to this
    >>>computer' is check under the system properties. The user I am using to
    >>>connect is an administrator. My understanding of Windows 2003 is as long as
    >>>this box is checked, terminal services for admin purposes is enabled. No
    >>>further config or software is required. I also checked the TS Service, and
    >>>it is running.
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas? Different port? Special mstsc?
    >>>
    >>>Andre

    >>Hi,
    >>I'm using XP Pro. On the client, in the remote connection setup, I had
    >>to log on to the host as a user that exists on the the host. On the host
    >>I had to add this user to the remote desktop user group. Maybe you need
    >>to do this ?
    >>I also connect specifying the port, 3389.
    >>
    >>Hope this helps
    >>
    >>Mike

    This newsgroup might be able to help :

    Microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely

    Mike
    Mike, Aug 2, 2005
  7. The problem isn't x64, whatever it is, since we're all doing this here quite
    happily. Whatever the source, it's a general configuration issue. I still
    think it's a firewall issue -- keep in mind that TS uses different ports than
    any of the things you're describing as working. I suggest you try over on the
    "work_remotely" newsgroup. That's where the TS folks hang out.

    One last thought -- what chipset is being used on the x64 server? If it's
    nVidia, you could be getting nailed by the bug in nVidia's built in firewall.
    Unless you install the firewall software, and then un-install it, you can
    have problems.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 3, 2005