    Is there something I'm doing wrong?

    If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would appreciate them.

    Thanks

    Bosco836, Jan 8, 2006

  2. Bosco836

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Bosco836" <> wrote in news:1136761504.658247.34630
    @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > I have two machines on my network which I would like to use Remote
    > Desktop for. When I am on my Laptop (XP Home) (HP DV4200ca), I can
    > easily connect to my desktop (XP Pro) (Custom Built). However, when I
    > try connecting from my desktop (XP Pro) to my laptop (XP Home) - I get
    > a message saying "The client could not connect to the remote computer".
    > Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    >
    > If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would appreciate them.
    >
    > Thanks

    XP Home does not feature Remote Desktop.

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Bosco836

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:43c24510$0$28519$,
    fred-bloggs spewed forth:
    > "Bosco836" <> wrote in
    > news:1136761504.658247.34630 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> I have two machines on my network which I would like to use Remote
    >> Desktop for. When I am on my Laptop (XP Home) (HP DV4200ca), I can
    >> easily connect to my desktop (XP Pro) (Custom Built). However,
    >> when I try connecting from my desktop (XP Pro) to my laptop (XP
    >> Home) - I get a message saying "The client could not connect to the
    >> remote computer". Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    >>
    >> If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would appreciate them.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > XP Home does not feature Remote Desktop.

    So simple <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jan 10, 2006
  4. Bosco836

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Bosco836 spewed forth:
    > I have two machines on my network which I would like to use Remote
    > Desktop for. When I am on my Laptop (XP Home) (HP DV4200ca), I can
    > easily connect to my desktop (XP Pro) (Custom Built). However, when
    > I try connecting from my desktop (XP Pro) to my laptop (XP Home) - I
    > get a message saying "The client could not connect to the remote
    > computer". Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    >
    > If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I would appreciate them.
    >
    > Thanks

    As Fred indicated, XP Home doesn't "serve" Remote Connection. Try UltraVNC.
    I use that here at home to remote control my desktop.

    http://www.ultravnc.com/

    Toolman Tim, Jan 10, 2006