    I receive this message.
    The domain/workgroup does not contain any terminal servers.

    ANY IDEAS.

    WRANGLER, Dec 21, 2007

  2. WRANGLER

    Dave Guest

    "WRANGLER" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a great wireless network - no problem file sharing - no problem
    >pinging.
    > I have set up the XP's to allow remote access. Firewalls are off. I am
    > using a Linksys Router & a Linksys Access point. I cannot use remote
    > desktop
    > access inside my network which is all I want to do. When I browse for
    > computers on the network I can see my workgroup (not individual
    > computers).
    > I receive this message.
    > The domain/workgroup does not contain any terminal servers.
    >
    > ANY IDEAS.

    try just typing in the name or ip address of the machine you want to connect
    to.

    Dave, Dec 21, 2007

  3. WRANGLER

    WRANGLER Guest

    I forgot to mention that I have done that - I get the message that the
    computer may be busy or network settings may not be correct

    WRANGLER, Dec 21, 2007
  4. Hi
    May be this can Help.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 22, 2007
  5. WRANGLER

    WRANGLER Guest

    Jack thanks for the links but I have followed them already with no luck - I
    do not believe my PC is listening on TCP Port 3389 in fact it is not even
    listed on netstat -a command as an active connection?

    WRANGLER, Dec 22, 2007
  6. "WRANGLER" <> wrote in message
    > Jack thanks for the links but I have followed them already with no luck -
    > do not believe my PC is listening on TCP Port 3389 in fact it is not even
    > listed on netstat -a command as an active connection?
    >
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >> May be this can Help.
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/getstarted/remoteintro.mspx
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx
    >>
    >> Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >>
    >> "WRANGLER" <> wrote in message
    >> >I have a great wireless network - no problem file sharing - no problem
    >> >pinging.
    >> > I have set up the XP's to allow remote access. Firewalls are off. I
    >> > am
    >> > using a Linksys Router & a Linksys Access point. I cannot use remote
    >> > desktop
    >> > access inside my network which is all I want to do. When I browse for
    >> > computers on the network I can see my workgroup (not individual
    >> > computers).
    >> > I receive this message.
    >> > The domain/workgroup does not contain any terminal servers.
    >> >
    >> > ANY IDEAS.

    If its not listening do you have Remote Desktop enabled on the PC your
    trying to connect to? Remember you can only remotely access/control a XP
    Pro/MCE or Vista Ultimate/Business PC. XP Home edition or Vista Home
    Premium/Basic can not act a Remote Desktop hosts. If your not sure what
    version your running type the winver command from the "Start -> Run" window.

    As far as browsing normally you can't do that in a work group environment
    without doing a registry hack.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281307

    General Remote Desktop help...

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

    Sooner Al [MVP], Dec 22, 2007
  7. WRANGLER

    WRANGLER Guest

    ok ok that is the problem - I am running XP home edition - I assumed since
    remote desktop is in the OS I could use it - I guess not. Can I download
    software that will allow for remote desktop inside my wireless network with 2
    XP Home edition computers?

    WRANGLER, Dec 22, 2007
  8. "WRANGLER" <> wrote in message
    > ok ok that is the problem - I am running XP home edition - I assumed since
    > remote desktop is in the OS I could use it - I guess not. Can I download
    > software that will allow for remote desktop inside my wireless network
    > with 2
    > XP Home edition computers?

    I always recommend UltraVNC with its encryption plug-in and mirror driver in
    a case like this.

    http://www.uvnc.com

    Sooner Al [MVP], Dec 23, 2007