    machine instead of driving the forty kilometers to get there whenever
    she has a problem.
    thanks

    trevor, May 20, 2004

  2. trevor

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 20 May 2004 11:09:32 +1200, trevor wrote:

    >Can anyone advise me on a free or shareware remote program similiar to

    See the previous posts asking the same question,
    http://groups.google.com/groups?group=24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Look for VNC / TightVNC

    >seymantecs pc-anywhere. I want to be asble to log into my friends

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, May 20, 2004

  3. trevor

    Hamman Guest

    "trevor" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone advise me on a free or shareware remote program similiar to
    > seymantecs pc-anywhere. I want to be asble to log into my friends
    > machine instead of driving the forty kilometers to get there whenever
    > she has a problem.
    > thanks

    XP remote assistance? remote desktop connection?

    I think Home only has remote assistance, and its painfull as hell over
    anything less than 1mbit SDSL

    hamman

    Hamman, May 21, 2004
  4. VNC from http://www.realvnc.com
    It's free and works very well.

    Victor Pushkin
    www.katygeeks.com
    Computer Support Services for Katy and West Houston

    Computer Support at KatyGeeks.com, May 21, 2004
  5. trevor

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Hamman" <> wrote in message

    > "trevor" <> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone advise me on a free or shareware remote program similiar to
    > > seymantecs pc-anywhere. I want to be asble to log into my friends
    > > machine instead of driving the forty kilometers to get there whenever
    > > she has a problem.
    > > thanks

    > XP remote assistance? remote desktop connection?
    >
    > I think Home only has remote assistance, and its painfull as hell over
    > anything less than 1mbit SDSL

    XP remote assistance requires that the remote user has an account/password
    on target machine
    and cannot have multiple users logged on (only one user on the machine at a
    time)

    VNC allows for multiple users and has more options for more/less security.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, May 21, 2004