    * * * To reply, please email to
    This is a security measure to reduce spams and unsolicited junk mails.
    Cheers.
    W Chan, Jul 6, 2004

  2. W Chan

    Ray Paseur Guest

    It seems to be backordered in Washington, DC area.
    ~Ray
    "W Chan" <> wrote in message
    > hi...i am curious to find out if the remote control is backordered in

    major

    Ray Paseur, Jul 6, 2004

  3. W Chan

    adm Guest

    "Ray Paseur" <> wrote in message
    > It seems to be backordered in Washington, DC area.
    > ~Ray
    > "W Chan" <> wrote in message
    > > hi...i am curious to find out if the remote control is backordered in

    > major
    > > cities in usa/canada?? i hv been checking with retailers and nikon here

    in
    > > vancouver, bc. (canada).. so far thats what i got in reply. nikon canada
    > > doesnt seem to hv a definite date in terms of availability.
    > >
    > > will

    For those of you who have "smartphone" or PDA you might like to know that
    there is a piece of software available from Psiloc (www.psiloc.com) called
    TotalIR Remote (or something like that) that you can install on many
    smartphones (certainly Sony-Ericsson P8&900) and other handheld devices that
    will emulate a Philips programmable remote control. There is also a .ccf
    file available at RemoteCentral that will allow users to control the D70
    (shutter only unfortunately).

    Anyway - I can confirm that this works as I forgot about buying a Nikon
    remote and just use my P900 now......
    adm, Jul 6, 2004
  4. W Chan

    Jimmy G Guest

    Jimmy G, Jul 6, 2004
  5. W Chan

    Pygmi Guest

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30057&item=3826003671
    > &rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

    Is it true that D70 stays ready to be fired with remote for
    a certain (very limited) time only??
    If that is true, for me it is a real problem.

    Pygmi
    Pygmi, Jul 6, 2004
  6. W Chan

    Mike Mc Guest

    back ordered here in the uk too

    Mike

    Mike Mc, Jul 6, 2004
  7. It is backordered here in Rochester, NY too.

    However I did have success getting my X10 Powerehouse 6 in 1 universal
    remote to trigger my D70 remotely. The universal remote has a "search for
    codes" mode that lets you find which device code to use. It turns out that
    device code 040 will enable the channel + button to fire my camera. Perhaps
    all universal remotes have this code search functionality?

    This will get me by for the mean time. I really want the ML-3L because it is
    so much smaller than the X10 universal remote. The ML-1L will also work the
    only difference being that the battery is not user replaceable in the ML-1L,
    according to Nikon USA.

    Nick Lamendola, Jul 8, 2004