    LogMeIn etc. Any recommendations welcome.

    Thanks

    Lizzie

    lizzieb, Jan 14, 2007

  2. lizzieb

    Glenn Guest

    If they can run the software, they don't need your help.

    Glenn, Jan 14, 2007

  3. lizzieb

    Patrick Q Guest

    "Glenn" <> wrote in message
    > If they can run the software, they don't need your help.

    I think they needed help, not a smartass answer....I'm curious also.

    Many times, for minor things, I just use Windows Messenger....but I know
    there's better ways and better software.

    Pat

    Patrick Q, Jan 15, 2007
  4. lizzieb

    lizzieb Guest

    Thanks - I am trying out LogMeIn Rescue trial but it would probably be too
    expensive for myself as I am a very small business. It is very good. So I
    am looking into other possibilities such as VNC and trying out anything else
    I can find.

    So will eventually report back.

    Liz

    lizzieb, Jan 18, 2007
  5. lizzieb

    PM Guest

    lizzieb wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Thinking of buying some Remote Computer Repair Software so that when
    > customers phone in with problems I can take control of their machine easily
    > and sort it. But there seems to be quite a variety and big differences in
    > price. PcAnywhere, Radmin, Syberfix, Danware NetOp Remote On Demand,
    > LogMeIn etc. Any recommendations welcome.

    There are plent of free options. For XP, there is remote assistance.
    For older operating systems, there is netmeeting "remote desktop
    sharing" and also RealVNC.

    PM, Jan 21, 2007
  6. lizzieb

    Techsavy Guest

    Hi Lizzie,

    I have reviewd many of the products that you have mentioned. I
    finially came down to price for me. I did not want to pay for the res
    of my life. I decided to go with Syberfix. There are no re-occurin
    fees. I own my product. I am pleased. There is also have many mor
    features that has helped me with my busienss. Syberfix -Pro product i
    the one I purchased. Good Luck with it.

    --
    Techsav
    Visit http://www.hostingforum.ca toda

    Techsavy, Jan 23, 2007
  7. lizzieb

    lizzieb Guest

    Hi

    Just an update on how I got on with trying out these packages. Syberfix,
    LogMeIn Rescue and LogmeIn IT Reach were all good but very expensive and
    ideal for big support companies. Remote Support System (RSS) was just what
    I was looking for and I was prepared to purchase it until I came across
    UltraVNC and UltraVNC SC which are free. All I do is send an executable
    file to a customer (307kb) and when they run it I can control their system.
    Or they can download it from your website. I did try Remote Assistance but
    wanted something simpler.

    That's all

    Lizzieb

    lizzieb, Feb 11, 2007