    What is "Remote Capture" program. I found a link to download it but there is
    no description about it. It is a program which will let me compose a picture
    on my computer's monitor instead on camera's LCD ?

    Andy, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Andy

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Andy wrote:

    > What is "Remote Capture" program. I found a link to download it but there is
    > no description about it. It is a program which will let me compose a picture
    > on my computer's monitor instead on camera's LCD ?

    Can't answer that without a bit more detail..

    There is remote capture software for digital cameras that allows you to compose
    pictures on a computer monitor and take pictures remotely.

    But.. This software is manufacturer and camera specific. It's generally
    included in the box with digital cameras. Not all cameras are capable of
    displaying a live image on the screen. Also note, each camera capable of
    this needs it's own software.. Nikon image capture won't work with Canon
    cameras and vice versa.

    What camera do you have.. What software are you looking at ?

    Jim Townsend, Nov 27, 2003

  3. Andy

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in

    > What is "Remote Capture" program. I found a link to download it but
    > there is no description about it. It is a program which will let me
    > compose a picture on my computer's monitor instead on camera's LCD ?

    If you are referring to the software for Canon camera's it allows you to
    remotely operate you camera from your computer via the USB cable.

    Fuzzy Logic, Nov 28, 2003
  4. And I should also chime in and add that it appears that you cannot do a live
    preview with the Canon software (at least I have not been able to figure it
    out)--- review yes, after the shot is taken, but not preview the shot before
    it is taken.

    gilbert grape, Nov 28, 2003
  5. Andy

    Zol. Guest

    You can use the viewfinder mode switch in the `Detail Setting` menus under angle adjustment
    or is this not what you
    meant ? Zol.

    Zol., Nov 28, 2003
  6. Most of the research I have done (mainly in the Canon dpreview forum)
    indicates that the viewfinder mode is not supported by the 10D- in fact, the
    viewfinder mode switch is greyed out in the program. More research required.

    gilbert grape, Nov 29, 2003
  7. Andy

    Ray Murphy Guest

    ----------
    In article <dXQxb.256386$>, "Zol."
    <Zol.@The_End_of_The_World.com> wrote:

    >You can use the viewfinder mode switch in the `Detail Setting` menus under
    >angle adjustment
    >or is this not what you
    >meant ? Zol.
    >
    >"gilbert grape" <> wrote in message
    >> And I should also chime in and add that it appears that you cannot do a

    >live
    >> preview with the Canon software (at least I have not been able to figure it
    >> out)--- review yes, after the shot is taken, but not preview the shot

    >before
    >> it is taken.

    RM: I don't know the first thing about remote capture, but it seems
    obvious that one would view the scene in webcam mode, and then switch
    to camera mode to take the photo (unless you wanted a low grade webcam
    pic).

    It seems that all remote cameras would need stepper-motors to control
    movement, although such devices could be controlled independently of
    the viewing PC. They could even be controlled with pulleys with long
    string attached, or model plane radio controllers.

    Ray

    Ray Murphy, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Andy

    Zol. Guest

    Aha, maybe a a firmware update could add this in that case - I must admit it would make it
    pretty difficult to setup without being physically behind the camera. sorry, I didn`t see
    the remark about the 10D ... Zol.

    Zol., Nov 29, 2003