    TIA
    Cheers
    Neal Phillips

    Neal Phillips, Oct 27, 2004

  2. Neal Phillips

    Crash Guest

    "Neal Phillips" <> wrote in message
    news:ZYGfd.101$...
    > Hi all
    > I'm a programmer and I've just inherited a site that has two XP Pro

    machines
    > behind a fire wall.
    > Years ago I did get involved in hardware but now I am well behind the

    times
    > and have little interest in getting current. BUT I have to have some way

    of
    > remotely accessing this site.
    > PCAnywhere, Rad Admin or the XP built in one...I don't care.
    > I'd like to go to the site tomorrow and install something that works.
    > I've googled but am swamped by information.
    > Can someone point me at a plain English reference that may assist me in

    this
    > quest?

    I have been using remote desktop - comes with XP
    (accessories/communications). Works very well over a LAN, works quite well
    over dial-up. I use it to access my PC at work from home via my ISP and a
    work-supplied VPN client that lets me tunnel into the corporate network.
    This means that I am virtually at work and have no work-related software on
    my PC at home.

    HTH,
    Crash.

    Crash, Oct 27, 2004

  3. Neal Phillips

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Neal Phillips" <> wrote in

    > Hi all
    > I'm a programmer and I've just inherited a site that has two XP Pro
    > machines behind a fire wall.
    > Years ago I did get involved in hardware but now I am well behind the
    > times and have little interest in getting current. BUT I have to have
    > some way of remotely accessing this site.
    > PCAnywhere, Rad Admin or the XP built in one...I don't care.
    > I'd like to go to the site tomorrow and install something that works.
    > I've googled but am swamped by information.
    > Can someone point me at a plain English reference that may assist me
    > in this quest?
    > TIA
    > Cheers
    > Neal Phillips