    SilverR1_04 Guest

    Is it possible for me to access a computer that is not in the same house,
    from my computer?
    SilverR1_04, Aug 4, 2004

  2. SilverR1_04

    colin Guest

    SilverR1_04 <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is it possible for me to access a computer that is not in the same house,
    > from my computer?

    vnc, radmin, or xp`s remote administration, perhaps.
    colin, Aug 4, 2004

  3. SilverR1_04

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    What are you trying to do?

    Access your computer from a different location.

    or

    Hack into someones computer.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Aug 4, 2004
  4. SilverR1_04

    colin Guest

    Lloyd Jones <@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > What are you trying to do?
    >
    > Access your computer from a different location.
    >
    > or
    >
    > Hack into someones computer.
    >
    > LJ

    I really don`t think that hacking is the intention; but then you never know.

    ME 211.28.7.20

    install/and/or use an agreed program/and exchange passwords..we could fix
    each others computer problems.

    YOU 217.134.39.47

    col
    colin, Aug 4, 2004
  5. SilverR1_04

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Very good, you looked at my addy. What are you going to do next ping me '-)

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Aug 4, 2004
  6. SilverR1_04

    > Very good, you looked at my addy. What are you going to do next ping me

    '-)

    > LJ

    No...unless you couldn`t fix your own computer problems (ie: computer
    illiterate); there would be no need/or suggestion of remote assistance.
    colin, Aug 4, 2004
  7. SilverR1_04

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    What the hell are you on about.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Aug 4, 2004
  8. SilverR1_04

    > What the hell are you on about.
    >
    > LJ

    Are you thick?

    I`m guessing that you are:)
    colin, Aug 4, 2004
  9. SilverR1_04

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I'm guessing that your still a virgin :)

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Aug 4, 2004
  10. SilverR1_04

    > I'm guessing that your still a virgin :)
    >
    > LJ

    Why does this type of conversion always turn to ones` sexuality or lack of?

    me/her 5 :p
    colin, Aug 4, 2004
  11. SilverR1_04

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    What a sad case.

    LJ
    Lloyd Jones, Aug 4, 2004
  12. SilverR1_04

    > What a sad case.
    >
    > LJ

    Question..dickweed...have you at least tried to give something that remotely
    resembles something closely related to a reply to the original request?
    colin, Aug 4, 2004
  13. SilverR1_04

    SilverR1_04 Guest

    my mom and sis just got a pc and they are clueless on it and I was hoping if
    I could access it I'd be able to help them from my house when they have
    probs.

    SilverR1_04, Aug 5, 2004
  14. SilverR1_04

    SilverR1_04 Guest

    more info please. both pc's have XP home edition, a guy at my work said he
    did it but both pc's had XP pro. Is XP Pro needed? also, what about having
    a dynamic IP?

    SilverR1_04, Aug 5, 2004
  15. SilverR1_04

    Adam Steiner Guest

    if you have xp pro use remote services

    Adam Steiner, Aug 5, 2004
  16. SilverR1_04

    SilverR1_04 Guest

    no xp pro, both pc's have xp home, can i do it?

    SilverR1_04, Aug 6, 2004
  17. SilverR1_04

    Pepperoni Guest

    http://www.realvnc.com/
    VNC is installed on the machine to be remotely accessed. It must be set to
    start with windows and to listen for connection requests. To access
    remotely, the machines IP must be known. The request for connection shows a
    password prompt, then downloads a java applet from the machine being
    accessed. The redraw rate on the version I used was slow, but it worked
    well. You see the remote machines desktop and can perform any function as
    if you were working on that machine. This all works through your browser,
    and once set up, is quite simple.

    I used the program to use an old machine on my LAN for storage. If the
    remote machine has a stable IP, merely make a shortcut to its location for
    future use.

    Pepperoni

    Pepperoni, Aug 6, 2004
  18. SilverR1_04

    Lenny Vaz Guest

    www.realvnc.com
    I use this on several different machines, it is very handy (and free!)

    --

    Lenny Vaz

    Lenny Vaz, Aug 6, 2004
  19. SilverR1_04

    commalone Guest

    "SilverR1_04" <> wrote in

    > more info please. both pc's have XP home edition, a guy at my work
    > said he did it but both pc's had XP pro. Is XP Pro needed?

    I have home and i can also use it
    look at start all programs accessoiries communication remote assistance
    it migt be a little bit diffrent becouse i have dutch translated.
    but with home i can use remote assistance
    commalone, Sep 9, 2004