    I tried to do the "Remote Desktop" as instructed by Microsoft, but it does
    not work. Is it because our office computers are not set up as a true network?

    Can anyone suggest a way for me to access my computer from home?

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uSm9u?=, Jun 28, 2006

  2. You can achieve this multiple ways. A few are listed below.

    1. Configure your computer for Remote Desktop via Windows XP. Which I see
    you have attempted. If this is failing, make sure you have port 3389 open on
    router, and forwarded to the correct IP of the client you are attempting to
    access.

    2. Configure your computer for Remote Desktop via IIS (TSWEB.) This is an
    optional install from your Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove
    Windows Components. On this screen, choose - Inetnet Information Services
    (IIS) > World Wide Web Service > Remote Desktop Web Connection. (A Windows XP
    Pro CD must be on hand, it will request it.) Then open port 80 from router to
    client's ip in which you installed this method on.

    3. Setup a server/domain using SBS 2003. This would allow you to logon
    remotely from anywhere, to anyclient.
    --
    Jeremy McSpadden
    Microsoft Partner

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW15IE1jU3BhZGRlbg==?=, Jun 29, 2006

  3. You can achieve this multiple ways. A few are listed below.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW15IE1jU3BhZGRlbg==?=, Jun 29, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Um9uSm9u?=

    hillary

    Joined:
    May 14, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Simple and Power Remote Access for small businesses

    No need to bother with installing all this stuff. Why should a small businesses bother with SBS, IIS and the lot??

    My clients are small businesses who don't know much about IT and don't want to spend lots of $$$ for remote access. I ask them to install WallCooler, as their Remote Access solution from www.vedivi.com.

    It sounds complex, but it isn't in fact. All you need to do is install WallCooler on any computer in the office (one computer only to give access to the whole office network/computers, pretty neat!), create a login and that's about it. From then on, access you computers at work from home is simple: you can use RDC (Remote Desktop), access your remote drive from windows explorer, remote assistance your co-workers with Windows Remote Assistance. All these tools are already present in Microsoft Windows XP Pro, so really there is not much to do to leverage them all.

    Do it and you will thank me later :)
    H.

    hillary, May 14, 2008