    this so that I get asked again whether I want to save login/password?
    That is without having to uninstall/reinstall the browser which I
    don't want to do just for this one site.
    chrisa, Jun 26, 2007

  2. chrisa

    Guest

    On Jun 26, 11:54 am, chrisa <> wrote:
    > I recently installed Firefox on both my laptop and desktop. I like to
    > go to craigslist fairly often and even though I never clicked the
    > option to not save the password for that site, I cannot have FF save
    > it. When I look at the exceptions are in the browser options, I don't
    > see craigslist showing up. I don't know what happened. How do I reset
    > this so that I get asked again whether I want to save login/password?
    > That is without having to uninstall/reinstall the browser which I
    > don't want to do just for this one site.

    First, a lesson in Firefox 101.

    All your settings, passwords, bookmarks, etc, are stored in an area
    called the FF profile. This directory is separate from the program
    directory. When you uninstall, all you're doing is removing the
    program, the profile is not touched. So, stop thinking you have to
    uninstall and reinstall. The program is not where your problem lies.
    Its within the FF profile.

    Open the Password Manager [Tools, Options, Privacy, Passwords tab, and
    the View Passwords button]. Remove the craiglist entry.

    If there is no entry, then some sites can disable the remember of
    password functions, and they can do this at any time, and without
    notice. This is for security reasons.

    Sometimes, you can get around this with the Remember Passwords
    bookmarklet [https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/
    forms.html#remember_password]. Just drag the icon to your bookmarks
    folder. Now, visit the site, click the bookmarklet, click OK to the
    popup, enter your user name and password, and enter the site. You
    should get a popup asking if you want to remember the password.
    , Jun 26, 2007