    appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Dany.
    Dany P. Wu, Aug 21, 2003

  2. Dany P. Wu

    James West Guest

    this should help

    http://www.rl-software.com/converter/fwcnvxls_e.htm

    James

    "Dany P. Wu" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > ....well, I can't! Never heard of the thing. Perhaps it was a little

    before

    James West, Aug 21, 2003

  3. Dany P. Wu

    Dany P. Wu Guest

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > ....well, I can't! Never heard of the thing. Perhaps it was a little

    before
    > > my time since I am only 29.
    > >
    > > Anyway, I've just received a .FW4 spreadsheet file but I cannot open it
    > > since I don't have the program. I need to get the formulae, cell

    contents,
    > > etc. out of the file.
    > >
    > > Does anyone still have this thing hoarded somewhere? It would be handy

    if
    > > someone in Wellington has it but anywhere in NZ would do. It would be

    much
    > > appreciated.

    > Intrigued and bored on a Thursday night I have been Googling around.
    > Framework was an integrated wordprocessor/spreadsheet/database for DOS
    > (something like M$ Works I guess).
    >
    > But guess what, it is still around. See http://www.framework.com/

    Well, obviously some people Google around better than others! I had a quick
    look through Google but missed that website. Thanks for that.

    > Maybe if you ask nicely they'll convert the file for you.

    Interesting idea..........

    Cheers,
    D.
    Dany P. Wu, Aug 21, 2003
  4. I rember framework, it rocked it had a nice "text bassed" gui thing, was so
    small you could fit it and your docs on a floppy. did file managment from
    the program it self. my parints had it on there XT, and 386. I had a old
    386 laptop when i was in 5th form (5 years ago) and the HD died in it, so i
    speent the rest of the year in FW off a floppy!!

    :) o those were da days.

    I beleve my dad still has a copy on his computer (the lastest one to,
    because when he got a Celleron 333 they had changed the proceses so much
    that the old verson of frame work spat out a over flow earer when u tryed 2
    run it).

    Any way, if you still need to get the file opened convertered. Just give me
    a email @ f a r le {spam}}y (at) world - net .co . nz

    Removing the spacces and {} and the word spam.

    Daniel

    Daniel Farley, Aug 22, 2003