    I've done a google search, but best I could find where a couple of dead
    links to software which worked for Win98. I have Windowx XP Pro.

    Thanks
    OVS, Oct 11, 2004

  2. OVS

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Right click on the desktop>properties>uncheck auto arrange.

    pcbutts1, Oct 11, 2004

  3. OVS

    OVS Guest

    On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:14:56 GMT, pcbutts1 wrote:

    > Right click on the desktop>properties>uncheck auto arrange.

    thanks but it already is unchecked.
    OVS, Oct 11, 2004
  4. OVS wrote:

    > On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:14:56 GMT, pcbutts1 wrote:
    >
    >> Right click on the desktop>properties>uncheck auto arrange.

    > thanks but it already is unchecked.

    Google for iconoid ... excellent freeware app.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    www.howtofixcomputers.com.is.bogus.horseshit
    Gary G. Taylor, Oct 11, 2004
  5. OVS

    Soft Expert Guest

    Hi, OVS
    The best way - Enterra Icon Keeper Deluxe.
    For different screen resolutions icons positions are stored separately
    providing for optimal use of available desktop space i.e. each
    resolution setting has its own set of profiles.
    Icon Keeper Deluxe also provides for instant recovery of icons
    positions on the desktop when they are randomly piled. When launching
    full screen mode applications (games as a rule) that switch current
    screen resolution at startup and restore previous resolution upon
    exit. The same effect can be observed when starting Windows in the
    safe mode. This trouble can not be resolved by standard tools of the
    OS. Once Icon Keeper is installed the trouble disappears.

    More at http://www.enterra-soft.com/products/iconkeeperdeluxe/index.shtml
    Soft Expert, Oct 20, 2004